JH Audio stuffs

atothex

Can you guys do Alex, and a few of us others, a favor and toss out some faults, negatives or disappointments? Just the next few posts? They don't have to be significant, true or even about the JH13s. It would help a little.

Well, I'm personally not a big fan of the case.

How's that? ;)

Can you guys do Alex, and a few of us others, a favor and toss out some faults, negatives or disappointments? Just the next few posts? They don't have to be significant, true or even about the JH13s. It would help a little.

Well, the memory wire that goes over your ear near the earpiece is too short - it needs to be longer like the one in the UE cable.

OK. You do know that ipodpj thinks that these are the greatest headphones ever. Of course, they have to be driven by an Audio-gd Phoenix. ;)

I managed to talk myself out of these by saying that my future headphone amp will eventually serve as a preamp, or maybe even a combo amp, in a future speaker system, so I might as well stick with stuff that's cheaper and harder to drive. :D And I don't need uber high end stuff on the go.

Well, the memory wire that goes over your ear near the earpiece is too short - it needs to be longer like the one in the UE cable.

Are the memory wires themselves optional with the JH13 being customs and all? I hated the memory wires on the Shure E5C to the extent I ended up manually removing them within the first week.

@mirumu, I'm sure the memory wires could be removed fairly easily with a blade and some care.

@HeadphoneAddict, I actually really didn't mind the short memory wire at all vs my longer UE11 one... but now that you mention it, a longer one would have been a tiny notch nicer.

I've been enjoying my pair immensely over the past 6 days. I've found I'm preferring my P-51 over my usual SR-71A for the slightly clearer, more balanced presentation.

The JH13's really let me hear my equipment better than the UE11. For instance, whereas I was admitting to myself that my impression that the Astrodyne PSU bettered the stock in my Ultra Micro DAC was likely placebo listening through the UE11..... I was convinced I had a more liquid and tonally perfect sound with the upgrade when using the JH13.

Sorry about your wallets.

I was listening to my JH13 last night as usual and it melted me into butter! I was a helpless puddle! Oh the sound was so sweet, I think a tear came to my eyes! I held my breath and just let the music wash over me, it was like a pure sprinkling cascade! I've never heard anything so smooth and effortless before, it was a marvel to behold! I think I cried and laughed!

I'm at a loss for words to describe the awesomeness of the JH13. It's the most unbelievable thing ever. I thought my love for headphones was limited to the AD2K and Qualia but this, it's just something else, it's positively surreal.

This is the best damn thing I've ever gotten for free! ZOMG!!!! :kitty:

/end mindless raving

This thread is messing with my head. I just managed to get my hands on my dream amp (a 4-board B22)....and you guys are saying I should ditch everything for a Pico slim and a JH13?

Is there nothing left for full-sized headphones?