JH Audio stuffs

atothex

My JH13's are being repaired. I was told that there was no need to re-case them which seems odd since there is a loose driver in the left earpiece. I would assume they would have to open that one up in order to make the repair. I am getting tired of dealing with them. I send emails and it's as if they see different words on the page from what I wrote. The question is whether I sell them when they return or just figure I will have to send them back every 6 months or so for repair.

Sorry I missed this thread last night. Mind Bullets is going to be the name of my first album because I am a stealing, hypocrite Marinite.

Sorry about the hassles, Mike. I think you should keep them but if they fail again you should insist that they are defective and you need a re-cast.

Sorry, I'm slightly inebriated -- you are correct, he was asking about DAC/amp.

I say Pico. Headamp Pico DAC/amp. With the ...what is it, camera kit? No, that's the iPad -- how does that work with the iPhone/iTouch?

It doesn't. AFAIK, there's no portable DAC solution for iPhone/iPod.

My JH13's are being repaired. I was told that there was no need to re-case them which seems odd since there is a loose driver in the left earpiece. I would assume they would have to open that one up in order to make the repair. I am getting tired of dealing with them. I send emails and it's as if they see different words on the page from what I wrote. The question is whether I sell them when they return or just figure I will have to send them back every 6 months or so for repair.

If it fails again, you probably should sue them. Do you know any good lawyers in Florida?

I listened to my JH13's out of an (inexpensive) dac/amp from my computer and was blown away by the improvement over my iphone. I'm wondering what's the current state of portable amp/dac combo's for ipod/iphone? Anyone have any recommendations?

The TTVJ Slim amp/dac sounds great and is a nice option.

Jesus, I wouldn't even wait. I'd tell them to just hold on to them, sell them, have the buyer send their casts directly to JH Audio, and have JH Audio send them directly to the recipient.

How is it you know you have a loose driver? I'm not questioning you, I'm just curious how you would know, and they wouldn't. It sounds like it should be painfully obvious, and there's no excuse not to recast/recase them.

Mike, what is the "repair" if they are not fixing the loose driver? Somehow -- in whatever language they understand -- I would insist that they address that issue completely so that it doesn't just recur. Maybe it does not need to be re-cast, but something needs to be done to secure the driver. What a pain in the ass.

What about the Fostex thing?

I'd actually forgotten about the Fostex thing and didn't even know about the CypherLabs, but holy crap, the CypherLabs product is pricey. Do anyone know if they have licensing/blessing from Apple in regards to getting digital out from iPhone/iPod (like Wadia) or if they've reverse engineered it?