JH Audio stuffs

atothex

Sending back my 13's once again due to a loose driver. The cause is the left earpiece detaching from the wire on it's own and falling to the ground. I am so tired of this. This may be the 4th or 5th time I am sending them back for the same reason. At least the world has not come to an end.

They probably planned the repair based on the earthquakes and the rapture. Knowing only the saved were going to heaven (you were obviously were not to be saved) having you spend 6 months on earth while it was to be destroyed with out you JH13s is cruel.

On a sane note yes they should redo these after all the issues, how do they fit? Maybe a ride up there to have all new molds done as well.

Edited by jp11801

I discovered something interesting today. The UE 10vi cable I'd had for ages wanting to get reterminated to use with my JH13s works on the JH13s with a minor modification. You just have to circumcise it to expose more of the pins, and then it's just dandy. So I now have JH13vis :)

Sending back my 13's once again due to a loose driver. The cause is the left earpiece detaching from the wire on it's own and falling to the ground. I am so tired of this. This may be the 4th or 5th time I am sending them back for the same reason. At least the world has not come to an end.

the cable falls out? my Westone ES3x does the same thing. unfortunately the connectors everyone uses really aren't designed for this kind of use.

If UE changed the connectors and this is not an issue with their IEMs, then I would consider buying a pair of the Capitol's. I would get my JH13's repaired and sell them for what I can get or just keep them for a maybe a 3A upgrade, if they ever become a reality.

mike did you have to pay for all the repairs etc? i emailed jaime about sound cutting in an out of the left earpiece and for cleaning of wax from inside the earpieces. i was quoted $50 and was told id be responsible for shipping both ways. what the hell is actually covered under their warranty?

JH Audio provides a limited warranty against poor-fitting JH Pro IEMs for a period of 30 days from the original shipping date. Material defects or workmanship issues in either the external shell or internal components are covered for a period of two years from the original shipping date. Damage or breakage due to use contrary to JH Audio instruction' date=' ordinary wear and tear, misuse, abuse, negligence, accident, unauthorized repair, acts of God (including locusts), or modification of any part of the product is NOT covered by the warranty. The supplied cord is not covered by the warranty.
Edited by Salt Peanuts

• 2 weeks later...

crappyjones, can you diagnose why the left earpiece is cutting out? is it because of the hardware within the earpiece or the cable (swapping the left and right cable can determine if it is the cable or the earpiece itself) also, were the phones regularly cleaned of earwax?

cleaning earwax should cost a few bucks as it is part of normal maintenance for the user

earpiece cut out is most likely due to the cable pins not being fully seated as I've had this problem a few times and a good reseat solves it

PS the 3A is absolutely stunning I can't wait to hear others thoughts as both Ric and Vicki have a set on order

Edited by jp11801

Dinny and for those not following the 3a development at home :P

The 3a is a 3 way amp that takes either a digital or analog signal and does the crossovers for each driver in the digital domain. Each amp is presented with just the signal required for the driver it is assigned to. The usb is 16/44 -48 limited but the mini spdif can go up to 24/192. The analog in takes an analog signal and does ADC to 24/192 then to the DSP for crossover then the 6 signal are sent to the three stereo amps then out to the drivers. This is conceptually how most high end powered studio monitors work although many do the crossover electronically rather than digitally. I think I got that right

My JH16/3a was delivered today & sent back a hour after I got them.

After waiting a year for them ,I opened the box to the wrong color (translucent blue which was what I ordered at CJ,but later changed to translucent Black & was doublechecked a month before with Jamie).

I ordered a 64 inch cable & recieved a 48 inch cable plus no hoodie in the box which was promised.

The color wasn't a deal breaker for me ,but the cable length was ,as cable length makes a differance in final tuning of the 3a I sent the whole package back on my dime.

I was also charged $50 for art work at CJ for the JHA flying logo which should have been for free.

All will be taken care of after speaking with Jamie,Black translucent with carbon fiber

face plate(to make up for the $50 charge for the flying logo) & red flying logos.

The right 64inch cable & hoodie.

I didn't post this on Headfi because I know a lot of negative responses from trollers, But I had to vent.

So another week of waiting.