Ye Macce Threade

Looking into Airport Extreme and Express recently, I noticed that the express has an optical digital out so you can stream (digital) wirelessly to it. Why in the hell did I not know this before??? :palm: My real question is: how is the quality? Right now I have a Mac mini wired directly to the ECD-1 via optical (used exclusively as a music server) in our office but I would love to put it in the living room and stream wirelessly (so I could connect it to the tv).

Looking into Airport Extreme and Express recently, I noticed that the express has an optical digital out so you can stream (digital) wirelessly to it. Why in the hell did I not know this before??? :palm: My real question is: how is the quality? Right now I have a Mac mini wired directly to the ECD-1 via optical (used exclusively as a music server) in our office but I would love to put it in the living room and stream wirelessly (so I could connect it to the tv).

aside from the 48khz limit, it's a good solution.

aside from the 48khz limit, it's a good solution.

x2. Have one running to a DAC for phones and another plugged into the back of some A5s.

Thirded. I have mine running through the D/AC 1000 in my speaker rig and it's all good.

Pity it doesn't have a USB as well, that would be useful.

Agreed. (well, it does have usb, just not for audio.)