Ye Macce Threade

Nice!

And now I have to ask this: I've looked around a bit and shy of DIY options, this Mac Mini seems like a fairly unique product in the market. The only other thing I've seen like it off the top of my head was the Dell Zino, which gets a lot of mixed feedback. Am I seeing that right?

You mean take the innards from a laptop, package them in a small form factor case, and charge a premium for them, then yes :)

^^ I chuckled. :)

If you mean a small form factor computer that just works, then you are wrong because the Dell does not fit that description.

Zino definitely has a mixed track record. I wouldn't get it myself.

If I do it this is what I'd be doing it for myself. An Ipod touch I take it? All Apple?

Yes, iPod Touch. There's an app that makes it easily control iTunes on a Mac via wifi. Is it just called Remote? I think there's a couple of options there. There's several people here that use it that way, I'm sure they can help.

Didn't MSI used to have a small desktop, too? I know HP did, but it was high-end, so the price was not comparable.

Yeah, MSI Nettop, Windbox, and others. HP was the Firebird.

But I don't think any of those are still on the market, per se (I.E. anything but old stock being sold).

There's some of those and then there's this: fit-PC2 <- That's unbelievable!

I don't want to derail a Mac thread obviously but it's pretty clear to me at least there's a lot of options out there to do what I might want to do here at some point. :)

STEVE JOBS: SPRINKLER PLACEMENT EXPERT [Thanks TPUTH]. Reminds me of Lincoln's Great Depression.

I have just compared Steve Jobs to Abraham Lincoln.

I still have a NeXT T-Shirt from 1988 that I got at a show where Steve Jobs came to demonstrate his new computers in Houston. I've never worn it, but simply saved it as a souvenir.