Concord Cd's & SACD's for $5.98

jimmyjames8

Don't forget the Denon DVD-2900. SACD and DVD-Audio, quite a few mods out there if you wanna throw down, pretty blue LED when an SACD is in. ~140-<200$ used.

And I REALLY wish I could pick up a few of those SACDs. I'm a sucker for 'Trane, and, well, most any GOOD sax player...

**BRENT**

Yeah this is the player I've been watching. I really want a second 3910 for my headphone rig, but I don't think its in the financial cards right now.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure I've seen a site handle a sale so strangely. They've now reposted the sale under the title "June Blowout '09," but with the first sentence "Unfortunately, this sale had to be discontinued on Friday, June 12. The titles are still listed below at their regular price." Which they are, though most still drop to $5.98 if added to cart. I wonder what the motivation was to repost a sale days after being removed, just to announce it's over, but not correct the pricing.

EDIT: Well, I just gave them a call. All my four orders are ready to 'pick & ship.' I couldn't get a definitive answer if all orders out there are going through, but it doesn't sound like they are planning on canceling many/any.

Which of course brings up the question of what happens if you order today? You may still have a shot.

Not to be a buzz kill but I would be interested in hearing about any Telarc SACD discs that pop or click between tracks. My copy of Garden of Cosmic Speculation that I just received does this. I remember hearing about this phenomenon sometime in the past history of SACD discs and SACD players. Can't really remember the details. I played a Chesky SACD right after this and it doesn't click. Just a minor annoyance but an annoyance none the less.

Ok, I spoke with a person from Concord Music Group today and she said some of the orders haven't shipped because they are waiting for certain titles to come in. Unfortunately, one CD can set the whole order back. I know for sure they are waiting for Michael Brecker's "Pilgrimage" and Monica Mancini's "Ultimate Mancini" (those CDs backed my orders), but if you call they'll place separate orders for the one's they don't have and ship you what they do have.

Ok, I spoke with a person from Concord Music Group today and she said some of the orders haven't shipped because they are waiting for certain titles to come in. Unfortunately, one CD can set the whole order back. I know for sure they are waiting for Michael Brecker's "Pilgrimage" and Monica Mancini's "Ultimate Mancini" (those CDs backed my orders), but if you call they'll place separate orders for the one's they don't have and ship you what they do have.

That's good to know! I've not heard a peep from them. Would have thought there would have been an email that confirmed my order at least, which was made on June 13th. I just logged into my account with them and it shows up a 4 Day FedEx shipment and "in process" which I guess means that it is being held up because something is out of stock.

Bummer. I was hoping it would arrive at mom's house in Illinois before I hit the road for Alaska, which will be on Monday.

got my big order in on Friday via FedEx. The first smaller order came thru the mail.

Just FWIW... I got a DVD in the order as my freebie, Stan Clarke's Night School, 2002 benefit perfromance with lots of guests and what not. PQ sucks but sound is good and definetly worth the $0 I paid. The last track of the show, SCHOOL DAYS featuring about 6 other bass players including the late Wayman Tisadale is just incredible. Worth checking out as Borders and Best Buy are selling DVD's as cheap as $4 a pop these days.

I was planning to eventually use a $120 Denon DV-1920 to pass DSD to the Buffalo or Opus DAC.

I don't think that'll work mana

I think it can, depending on what you mean by "pass". If you're willing to hack the player a bit, I think it can be done. Search around at DiyA and see what model Russ and Brian hacked to do this.

Thats what I meant when I said that. They hacked the 1910, but its the same procedure from what I've seen.

I'd love to give this a go. :)

You should be able to do it with any of the 19xx series. I have a an $89 1930 and it looks identical to the 1910 image. How are you planning to get the data to the Buffalo? i.e. what kind of connector?

You should be able to do it with any of the 19xx series. I have a an $89 1930 and it looks identical to the 1910 image. How are you planning to get the data to the Buffalo? i.e. what kind of connector?

Definitely hardwire. I wouldn't run the lines more than 6 inches, without a line driver circuit. The real question is how much room is there in the case for a few power supplies and what not. Have you dug up all the threads that reference this from DiyA and HF? If so, I'd like a short list of them to read over.