2009 RMAF & Head-Fi (CanJam 09.5?)

Asr

Head-Fi/Can Jam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest 2009 (CJ@RMAF 2009): It's Official! - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

Awesome news! As if I weren't already excited enough about this year's RMAF, a huge Head-Fi meet to go with it at the same time!!!

Hey jp, if there's anything I can do to help out, let me know. :)

And for the uninitiated: http://www.audiofest.net (Oct 2-4 @ Marriott Denver Tech Center & Hilton Garden Inn)

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's great if what you want canjam to become is a small part of a big trade show. It's not so great if you want canjam to be the place where headphone enthusiasts gather and gab. I'm glad there's a giant headphone section at RMAF. As someone who actively supports the community building aspects of the meets, tho, I'm not as happy about the canjam at RMAF monicker. Things like this could potentially kill canjam as a big deal all together.

Things like this could potentially kill canjam as a big deal all together.

I think that's a touch alarmist. Nothing is going to kill the idea of CanJam, 99% of the attendees could care less what it's called. The first national meet didn't even have a name and was a complete success. Headfest was fine too.

My reason for not liking CanJam at RMAF is mainly to differentiate the two events. It's not a big problem AFAIC but I think it helps both events to have unique names. Head-Fi ties both together so the important aspect is to differentiate the event in the minds of potential attendees.

While I agree that Head-Fi at RMAF has the potential to dwarf CanJam in terms of numbers, Mathematically (and from headphone/headphone paraphernalia vendors perspective) an RMAF attendee and a CanJam attendee is not a one-to-one relationship.