usb amp dac special

NotoriousBIG_PJ

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, it really sucks to have to apologize to the customer for the problem and eat the shipping costs to have it repaired

I'm constantly amazed by the lack of personal pride people take in their work, their hobbies, whatever.

You can probably imagine that wooden headphone stands can be tricky to ship at times. I kind of go overboard with packaging sometimes, however now and then there's just nothing you can do to prepare. Case in point, I once sent a stand to Micah (RedLeader) in Torronto. The package was packed very well, but when he received it the base of the stand was cracked clean in half. The box was flattened, and tire print was clearly visible on the box. It looked to both of us like maybe a forklift tire.

I had insured the package, and Micah told me he'd file the claim from his end, and not to worry.

Well it really hurt my heart to see my work broken like that, so I went out to the shop and built a new base (luckily it was attached to the stand from the bottom with stainless screws). Micah was able to attach it in minutes on his end, and we were both happy in the end.

My point is that shit can happen, but how in the hell anyone can send out a load of crap like that in the first place is beyond me. I love my stands! Some so much that I hate to let them go. If I ever get to the point where I don't feel that way I'll quit making them.

Dude, it says "lawyer" right in your user title. That's so not going to fly! :D

Damn! No slack cut whatsoever! I applaud your resolve. :P

Like a lot (all?) of us, I work in a profession where second-rate work product is a deal-breaker.

Every morning I show up to work, I dream of working somewhere they would fire me for the lousy job I do. It's still better than they expect from me, however, so every day I leave with a job. :(

I ordered it based on this thread, which I posted on here, and her good feedback:

http://www.head-case.org/forums/audio-gear-sale/4902-wtb-diy-dac-amp.html

If there were horror stories before me, they weren't documented on head-fi as far as I can tell.

Biggie.

Damn aardvark bag's post was a joke :-\

Note to self - sometimes sarcasm is hard to convey and/or interpret correctly on the intrawebs.:palm:

Also, I looked at her feedback thread, and while I do approve of the posts, is that technically allowed in someone's feedback thread? I thought you could only post feedback if you actually were involved in a transaction with that person.

Looks like she wired it so the fuse on the IEC inlet is bypassed. Brilliant.

Brilliant. No ground and bypassing the fuse. Maybe she was hoping to just kill the user before they had a chance to file a complaint.

I think she should just still with cock holster headphone stands.