SoFla Winter Meet 12/5/09

screaming oranges

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

86% of the students who attended got a B or higher. 13% of those who didnt got a B or higher. take that however you like.

personally, id rather have students who care to learn in my class.

That pretty much sums up the main point I was trying to make, but because I teach at a small college with class sizes of 5 to 15, I'm now forcing them to be in class, whereas I would have never even considered such a thing when I was teaching 420 students at U of Kansas way back when. We actually needed at least 8% not to show up in order for everyone to have a seat.

I personally wish more teachers were more attractive. And/or cool. No offense to the professor crowd here.

That's always been my style. If your class is fun and you joke around a little and allow students to do the same, it relieves a lot of pressure. Of course, there is a balance that you have to draw somewhere.

I was fully refunded for the Divertr, since they could not do an orange anodizing in time (though they did have other colors available). To me, it was either orange or bust. They were very polite, courteous, and super fast in honoring my request. I got the funds back in 15 mins. There won't be one at the meet now, obviously.

So I was planning on retiring my SP/R10 rig from meets, since I'm both lazy and also don't want to move it more than necessary. However, Colin mentioned the possibility of opening it up there, and I'd welcome that opportunity, so I might consider bringing it. If I did, what the heck things would I need to buy/bring to do the job? I own a hammer, a wrench, a drill and a couple screwdrivers. Though that might be fun, I'm looking for suggestions that might allow me to continue using the amp after the meet.

If you can open it up and take pics then we should be able to see what needs to be done. The screws are probably very well fixed in place (he put some adhesive on them so that nobody could open them up) so I'd buy a few 1/16" hex keys since you bound to destroy at least one. Some pliers also help.

If you can open it up and take pics then we should be able to see what needs to be done. The screws are probably very well fixed in place (he put some adhesive on them so that nobody could open them up) so I'd buy a few 1/16" hex keys since you bound to destroy at least one. Some pliers also help.

Mine wasn't that hard to open once I realized that one of the screws wasn't 1/16". I can't remember for sure but think it was the closest metric size to 1/16". The writing on the hex key was too small for my old eyes to read. :(

I am also very curious to see what is going on inside vicky's extreme.

If there is room in the vicky-mobile, I would advise bringing the drill & 1/8 & 3/16" bits. My luck cracking extremes has not been as good as others. I always need to drill out one or 2 of the screws. I'l send a replacement set of filips head screws ahead of time so I cant forget them.