SoFla Winter Meet 12/5/09

screaming oranges

Wheels chucks front and back of rear tires with bungies holding them together, then ratchet strapped around rear axles into d-clips on e-track, if that makes any sense. But I was dead tired and didn't bother set it up right, thinking that it was a short (100 mile) trip and that I'd be Ok.

I've got a much better system in place now that I've really thought about it more carefully. Thankfully the truck was far enough behind the car that it barely made contact with the Atom. What really stunk was that I had at least 8"-12" behind the truck, so I could have loaded it further back than I did. Had I done that, I would have been the luckiest dog in the world. To have a vehicle break loose and yet not cause any damage at all. As it was, the emergency brake helped hold it back such that the contact was minimal and the damage was minor.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was the pickup being held in by plastic ties? Because we probably could have warned you, that wasn't a good idea.

Wait a minute. You mean that tree in the front yard I secured against the wind with zip ties.... I shouldn't have done that? Oh fudge.

Oh, and I'm in for the meet, for sure.

Edited by CarlSeibert
am not that bright sometimes

mike would you mind if i invited 2 people? one owns a carpentry shop in boca raton and the other runs a fabric business. both are avid music listeners but i dont think they know much about headphones (the good ones at least). both are great guys. i had a 4 hour conversation about speaker designs with them today and i was supposed to go there just to ask for prices.

mike would you mind if i invited 2 people? one owns a carpentry shop in boca raton and the other runs a fabric business. both are avid music listeners but i dont think they know much about headphones (the good ones at least). both are great guys. i had a 4 hour conversation about speaker designs with them today and i was supposed to go there just to ask for prices.

No problem.