NBC's total late-night meltdown

Voltron

I'm glad that at the very least he got to have a sendoff show and he got to see the kind of dedicated fanbase that he has developed over the years, even if that wasn't reflected in the ratings. BTW, does anyone have or know anyone that has a Nielsen box installed in their TV?

If you haven't seen or read the commencement speech he gave at Harvard in 2000, you can watch it here:

Conan O'Brien Harvard Class Day Speech 2000 - GUBA Video

Awesome.

The ending of that speech is particularly fitting in his current situation.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Another one from Longform: The Unsocial Network | Culture | Vanity Fair

Plunging ratings. Tense negotiations. A bewildered, increasingly outraged Conan O’Brien and an anxiously pragmatic Jay Leno. In this excerpt from his new book, the author unfurls the behind-the-scenes story of late night’s explosive 2010 showdown.

• 2 weeks later...

Loved this...

A lot’s happened in the news since I went off the air — and I was hoping I could cover it all in one joke. But then I realized that’s like trying to keep an Icelandic volcano from wearing Lady Gaga’s meat dress while a trapped Chilean miner cleans up the BP oil spill…Brett Favre’s penis.”

Listened to a great podcast on espn.com with Bill Simmons discussing the whole thing with Bill Carter, who wrote this:

Amazon.com: The War for Late Night: When Leno Went Early and Television Went Crazy (9780670022083): Bill Carter: Books

It was really interesting to hear more of the back story, and I'm leaning towards picking this up for an upcoming trip.

• 2 months later...