The Headcase Stax thread

thrice

Sherwood, were you as impressed with the SR-404 limited anniversary edition with leather earpads at the recent meet as I was? They sounded quite good on the GES, with very little etch if any.

Absolutely, I was. I'd need to give it a really proper listen before real assessment, and preferably that would not be at a meet, but it's about the best I've ever heard the lambda frame sound. It was certainly good enough to have me scrimping and saving for a pair to replace my beloved SRs.

Is there a source for SR-404Ltd pads?

I've already had Craig check on it for me couple of months back and they were having some supply issues which might have been cleared up now. I do know that the Limited pads are a part of the spare part lineup... :)

Hell yeah, the Lambda Sig/SRM-T1S combo I had at some point was awesome and definitely a deal at a little bit less than 1000$. I'd go as far as saying it beat the O2 in terms of openness and air, but with that said, the O2 is better in everything else IMO. Still, I'd take the Sig or some Lambda variation over any dynamic headphone I've heard without even thinking.

How about an SRM-T1W for starters. I have found one for $750 shipped and would be content to wait for a pair of phones to go with later.

Will probably do a KGSS myself eventually.