iPad apps

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has anyone tried the Things for iPad app? I have been putting notes/to do lists in Notes but this looks like it might work well in keeping me organized.

The two big To Do/GTD apps are Things and Omnifocus. Both are great and feature rich. I've used Things on the Mac and iPhone and both are great. Ultimately I went with Omnifocus, because it's geared more toward personal project management. Having said that, Things scales well. It's a very unassuming app at first, but pretty powerful and flexible. It seems to me that it's the kind of app that's easy to use at any level. Omnifocus has a steeper learning curve, but it too has some killer features and capabilities.

Quick review of Things (pre-iPad):

Things: Task Management With Style | Mac.AppStorm

I just bought Penultimate for writing notes. You use your finger and write the note. You can save the notes and email them. It works pretty good.

I picked that up last night as well. neat little app, not sure if I'll use it a lot, but it's fun to doodle some ideas out.

Thanks for the heads up about Penultimate Mike. Just downloaded it. What it really needs to be useful (for me) is color, different size erasers, ability to highlight and move things, and copy/paste. Guess I just want the ipad to have a digitizer and Windows Journal for Apple - I won't hold my breath.

I already have a Motion Computing LE1700 tablet pc. Don't know if I really want another Windows machine. If I could find an Illustrator alternative that I liked, I would be perfectly happy with that running Xournal on Linux. Just not too happy running Windows.

I dont think theres anything similar to illustrator (in terms of usability) as far as I know