iPad apps

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If anyone wants to stream music from his/her computer, the streamtome app works pretty well. I got it to stream to my iPad, then I could listen to my Pico via the camera connector USB connector. It even worked with my Flac files!

Not sure I get quite the detail I get with the native iPod app (need some more with it). Also, I can't surf simultaneously. But now I can access my entire music library streamed via wifi.

There appear to be 2 different iTeleport apps for the iPad. One is just iTeleport, the other is iTeleport Jaadu VNC. The latter appears to be universal binary and is the same price as the former, but was updated April 30 as opposed to May 3. Both the same price. WTF?

When the iPad came out he only had the iPhone version and a new iPad version. He wanted to make it a free upgrade for people who already owned the iPhone version. But he also wanted to be there right out of the gate. Hence two versions. One was iPhone only and the other was optimized for the iPad.

See here: iTeleport | Upgrade

Interesting, thanks. Also, from their customer support:

Hi,

yes, one version is only iPad and the other one is universal for both iPad and iPhone. For the current foreseeable future, the iPad version will continue to be a mirror of the Universal version.

We cannot comment on the long term direction of the 2 products at this stage, as a lot will also depend on the direction we take with RDP and the direction in which the Operating System takes; however at this point, the apps are similar for the end user.

Anyone found a good RSS app to interface with Google Reader? Website problematic when bouncing back and forth in windows (and reloading) and ByLine iPhone app (which is great) is not out for iPad.

I am currently using Quota. Lots of promise but most of the non-google stuff it syncs with is overseas services.

I think Atomic is slightly faster as well. I still can't get the adblock to actually block any ads and the hand gestures seem really weird. I have it set up to bring up favorites when I swipe two fingers up the screen but I usually just make the screen zoom in or scroll up the page at 100 mph when I try it.

I think Atomic is slightly faster as well. I still can't get the adblock to actually block any ads and the hand gestures seem really weird. I have it set up to bring up favorites when I swipe two fingers up the screen but I usually just make the screen zoom in or scroll up the page at 100 mph when I try it.

The ads are blocked at HF for me with Atomic.

Star walk looks very cool!