iPad apps

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hmmmm ... seems one could attach a cf card reader via the usb port and be good to go, no?

Since we're talking picture storage here, I love the Photobucket app - lets me get to any of my Photobucket albums as well as anyone's public photos and display them. Beats taking up gobs of storage on the iPad, and performance over wireless is good. I imagine flickr and others may be close behind.

I agree Mike.

I bought 3 difference VNC apps and this is how I rank them:

iTeleport > Desktop Connect >> iSSH (for VNC)

The iSSH is very nice for SSH though and I am very happy with that part of the program. It is slightly easier to connect using Desktop Connect than iTeleport but once connected, iTeleport seems to work a little better.

As for File Managing software, I decided to get GoodReader in addition to ReaddleDocs. My ranking:

ReaddleDocs >>>> GoodReader

I was able to easily upload a large directory of pdfs with ReaddleDocs via Wifi. I still haven't been able to upload more than a file at a time with GoodReader. I think one may be able to do this but I gave up and deleted GoodReader before I figured it out. I also didn't like the looks of GoodReader.

you know what would be cool? if Aperture came to the iPad. combine it with a good card reader, and that would be a killer combo.

Yeah, a card reader would be good. I still have a couple of decks from my grad school days. Of course, I'd also need a SNOBOL 4 interpreter to run them.