iPad apps

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If anyone is using the Zinio app you can get a free copy of the new Absolute Audiophile magazine. Not nearly as flashy as Stereophile, etc. but it was worth free.

And if you download Zinio now you get (or at least I did) the the current WATER National Geographic free. One of their best issues recently and a good test IMO for how magazines look on the iPad.

iAnnotate: Allows one to 'write', highlight, take notes, and otherwise mark up in your own 'writing', onto a PDF file as you read it. Not sure I'll get this for myself, just yet, but thought some other heavy PDF users might find this useful (Monkey?). It looks pretty popular among lawyer/academic types. It's $6.99 introductory price.

Aji Annotate

Also, check out our preview video on YouTube, for a quick tour of iAnnotate in action.

iAnnotate is a PDF reading and annotation tool for the iPad. A completely new interface has been designed for the iPad, based on the only PDF annotation app for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Features include:

• Full-featured PDF reader: continuous-scrolling page display with all standard scroll/zoom gestures supported. Tap to show and hide the interface for fullscreen reading.
  • Tabbed PDF Reading: quickly switch between multiple documents. Tab setup and page locations are always remembered, whether switching tabs or quitting and returning to the app.
  • A complete annotation system: Text Notes, Highlight, Underline, Free-Form Drawing, Bookmarks, and more. Our easy-to-use interface allows you to view and edit your annotations without leaving the document reading view. Full-spectrum color selection allows you to set up your personal color system for annotations.
  • Fully Customizable Toolbars: reposition and resize, drag-and-drop to configure toolbar commands. Toolbars can be positioned on or outside the PDF view, and are optionally translucent.
  • Comprehensive document and full-library search: search your entire PDF library instantly -- results update as you type your search term. Forward and backward search result navigation.
  • Full PDF support: Copy-and-paste text, view existing PDF annotations, support for internal and URL links, and PDF outline/bookmarks support.
  • Desktop Sync: Easy synchronization with PDF documents on your computer.
  • Aji Support: integrated application help and tips, and top-notch email and forum support.

For easy synchronization with your desktop PDF documents, dowload the Aji PDF Service for Windows or Mac using the links above.

Wait, what? They have an app for that?

Forscore. It was recommended on the first page. You scan it to PDF on your computer, then through itunes just upload it directly into the app. My goal is to download all my music for the concert year, so instead of using a binder with torn pages, I can use the ipad for concerts and rehearsal.

Just installed the new B&N eBooks app means I can buy books from all three sources on the iPad. Maybe that will start a price war. ;)

This stupid iPad program still doesn't sync the last read location with my iPhone app or the Nook. Why the hell did they add games and web to the nook before making it a better ebook reader?