Hello to all.

mobayrasta

Oh, great! I'll go through my stuff and see what's there. I was trying to figure out how to hold this stuff for you folks first. Maybe I'll make a list of the good stuff and PM with interested parties. I don't think it's worthy of a separate thread, is it?

I'm interested in the classical (and jazz, though I bet tons of other people are too).

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had forgotten about the CJ give-away. A separate thread would be fine. I like jazz, 80's rock and classic rock in that order. Don't need any more classical vinyl because we have boxes of my late father-in-law's and it is such a PITA to play anything because of all the record flipping.

Awright! Did you put the shovel down?! I'll put up a separate thread w/ a list of the more desirable albums (mmm, feels good to say that word again! Let me say it again ... album!)

Note to the OP - a coupla beers, and some free vinyl ... maybe a good way to get in good as a noob! :D

I had forgotten about the CJ give-away. A separate thread would be fine. I like jazz, 80's rock and classic rock in that order. Don't need any more classical vinyl because we have boxes of my late father-in-law's and it is such a PITA to play anything because of all the record flipping.

I had a pet raccoon for a short time when I was in 5th grade. Being a kid and not very original, I named him Bandit. I have no memory of where he came from, but he hung out with us, went for walks on a leash, and was very domesticated, though he had his own room where he hung out during the day. My parents got sick of doing all the work taking care of him, so we gave him away to this old couple that lived in the woods and already had raccoons, deer, and an owl as pets.

Ok. Free vinyl and beers at a stripper bar. I'm good with that!

I've got a thing for blondes, then Latinas. You?

Do I have to buy lap dances for everyone, too? This is getting expensive!

Latinas sound yummy :). Dunno about lap dances lol.

This guy claims to live in a jungle and be a multi-instrumentalist Dr. Doolittle with a tricked out SoundBlaster for a source, and everybody is just playing nice-nice and not calling him out on any of this shit? What the fuck is wrong with Head-Case these days?! Lost its edge, apparently. :palm::basement:

Just kidding, actually. Welcome to the 'Case, but pics of the Manx and coon playing with your kids or you're banned!

Prompted by the DOTU, I call shenanigans on this! How can anyone play "just about any musical instrument competently"? Can you play violin, piano, trumpet, sax, trombone, guitar, and the percussion kit? And can you also play harmonica, didgiridoo, and that trick by blowing across glasses that are partially filled? Can you? If not, well your dubious claim just fell flatter than a pancake and I daresay this kind of ridiculousness will not be tolerated!

Oh and it's ok to be scared to post on HC. You never know when a shovel might come swinging out of the darkness headed in your direction.

You guys kill me. I deserve it. Dr Doolittle with a tricked out Soundblaster, can I use that one? Maybe that should be my sig. So funny.

As for playing just about any instrument. I meant that as a slight against myself. I never stuck with anything long enough. I guess I am best at guitar, piano, harmonica. But I can also play violin, viola, bass and many others. I don't do well with instruments that have to be blown, but it seems there are enough people here good at blowing all ready...........:P

I will post pics of all of my critters soon.

I simply cringe at the idea of keeping non-domesticated animal species in a house with kids.

Mr. Maher, I am going to kiss a little ass here. I have a lot of respect for you and everything you do with in the DIY community. I wish I had any mechanical skills at all. I would love to be able to build the things that you dBel, Cavalli and the rest of the master DIY'ers do. You guys rock and I am in awe!

Now ass kissing over........ My raccoon MashUp ( a Jamaican thing ) is 29th generation captive bred. A long way from being domesticated but still not close to being snatched from the wild. He is very much a member of the family and wouldn't harm the children. Hell, he sleeps with them under their covers. He is very bad but in a mischevious way not aggresive at all.

Pics coming soon.

Long way from being domesticated and he sleeps with the children under their covers.....?!? You must be joking.:confused:

Why would I be joking. It takes thousands of years for an animal to become domesticated. Such as cows or dogs. Just because he is not domesticated does not mean he is not extremly tame. 29th generation removed from the wild. He is a chocolate raccoon not even a color that exsist in the wild. You can not keep a raccoon in a cage, they will be nasty. I trust him a lot more than I would trust my neighbors pit bull. I understand living in California where you can't own any exotic, not even a ferret might have something to do with your closed mindedness. :confused: Not trying to be mean at all, but that was how your comment came across. I have thick skin, but not when it concerns my children. I love my childeren more than life itself. I would never do anything that would put them in any kind a danger. To even insinuate that, might step over the line a little bit.

Now is a good time to remind you to read your welcome pm. Taking yourself this seriously is heading toward the shovel.

Well ... I'm sure you've got a bead on the official line, but I'm still waiting for pix.

WTF ... srsly ... and all that shit ... snap a pic with your cell phone and get some interwebs chops and post it up mobayrasta!

I want to see a raccoon eating a birthday cake or some such domesticated thing or other dhamit! DirtDOG.gif

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2903[/ATTACH]

An old pic of him. Its hard to tell from this pic, but all of his fur is some shade of brown. There is no white or black. Just lighter and darker shades of brown.

Looking for more pics now. Most of them are on wifes laptop. Will have more recent ones posted soon.

post-2231-12951156763301_thumb.jpg