Briefcases, Bags, and the Murse

The Monkey

I am contemplating one of their bags but I think I would miss additional pockets,etc. that Saddleback seems very limited on. There is some compartmentation in the main area but no place else to shove little things I need quick access to like I have in most of my bags.

I have a few inserts from companies like EagleCreek, Tom Bihn, etc. that work well in bags like these. Damn it! Now I want one too!

I know I don't have a bag problem.  I have 2 "single bag" carryons from redoxx, a redoxx briefcase, a tom bihn briefcase, a mountainsmith briefcase, and a maxpedition murse.  That's not too many, they're all for different situations.

I know I don't have a bag problem.  I have 2 "single bag" carryons from redoxx, a redoxx briefcase, a tom bihn briefcase, a mountainsmith briefcase, and a maxpedition murse.  That's not too many, they're all for different situations.

Dan taking the Queen V approach to minimalism I see.

Time to pick up yet another bag for the train commute.  Mostly iPad and some little stuff.  The Coach leather bag lasted 6 months before needing to go in for service for shoddy work and the Tumi bag has pretty much fallen apart but I haven't bothered getting it serviced.

Anyone have recommendations for a nice leather bag that have impressed the Briefcase/bags and the murse devotees?

I love the Oxx and all, but it doesn't meet the requirements.

I forgot all about the Red Oxx Ruck.  For those who have one, should I get a C-Ruck or a Mini Ruck for my size (if I get one) and how uncomfortable are the straps (those rings looks terribly uncomfortable).   I would like a serious answer... not just Red Oxx is cool and manly and manly men can handle pain.   :D

Can I fit a one 1L Nalgene bottle inside each of the side pockets without taking up space in the middle?  For example could I still fit several folders and a 13" MBP (in a slip case) with two Nalgene water bottles on the side?  

Edited by shellylh

I love my C-Ruck. Straps are very comfortable and make carrying serious weight no problem. I know I could fit water bottles in the big bag but I have never seen the small one so I can't answer that.

I would think that the side pockets would handle the bottles just fine. I'm not positive about the center taking a 13" MBP but I'd take Gene up on the loaner. I love my mini Ruck and use it everyday and haven't ever really wished I'd bought the bigger one.

Mike, didn't realize you had the new Synapse already. I don't suppose those side pockets will hold a 1L water bottle !( they look pretty small). My Smart Alec pockets on the side will but can only hold a 11" MBA when I do if - I also want to hold other papers/folders.