Major Surgery Revives 35 Year Old Amp

agile_one

• 2 weeks later...

The amp is finally home, hooked up and singing like a heavenly choir. Hamad can be a bit slow when it comes to shipping but communication overall was excellent and his handiwork was well worth the price, actually it was a bargain. With only about three hours on it I'm hearing stronger, more controlled bass and the soundstage seems to have gotten a tad wider and definitely deeper. I have a very big smile on my face right now, and very happy ears.

Mine is on the operating table right now after five months in the que. I am getting antsy to set up my retro home office vinyl room.

Pioneer 1010, Philips 212 TT and DCM Time Window speakers. Woohoo!

Mine is on the operating table right now after five months in the que. I am getting antsy to set up my retro home office vinyl room.

Greg that is going to be one heck of a cool retro system!!

Mike glad to see the Pioneer up and running

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Well after 12 months of frustrating excuses, missed deadlines and promises not kept I finally received my Pioneer back without any repair work.  What a frustrating clusterf*.!!!!

It took me nearly a month just to get Hamad to return the receiver which he promised to do in mid December.  For some reason he has let his business model go to pot but I am thankful I have my, still broken, Pioneer back home. 

Thanks guys.  Yep, at least I got it back in nearly the same condition, unfortunately that also means still broken.  John, thanks for the offer, will pm you in the am, OK?

Now time for my wine dinner.......................

Sorry for the wrist problems Al, but maybe the post surgery wrist will be stronger and prettier.

None what so ever Gene.   Piriodically I would email Hamad with a status update request, and by "periodically I mean 1-3 months.  He would give me a vague timeframe of six weeks and promise pictures and email updates, but never delivered.  I suspect that he never even attempted repairs despite statements to the contrary. I will try to open the case up in a couple of weks when I have some spare time to see if any repairs were attempted.

I had someone like that once -- actually, a local professional outfit.  I didn't need an explanation as to why they didn't get anything done -- they didn't get anything done because I demanded it back before they started.  What I really wanted an explanation for was why it was taking so long for them to get started, and I got nothing but a shrug over the telephone for my troubles.  When I came in to pick it up, I was so rage-y, that I didn't even talk to them, just demanded it back.

It is my understanding that they had previously gone out of business.  Twice -- once priorly, once after my business with them.  I have to keep an eye on them, because they've changed their names several times.