Major Surgery Revives 35 Year Old Amp

agile_one

I just asked how long Hamad had Audiosceptic's amp. I never said he might be scamming me. I was trying to get a feel for his turnaround time.

Not sure why I need to defend myself but for what it's worth he does seem a bit flakey. A little over three weeks ago Hamad contacted me, said my amp was finished, boxed, and would ship Thursday or Friday. I contacted him last week thinking he might have decided not to ship due to the Christmas Holliday. He stated FedEx was picking up the amp on Friday. Saturday I sent a note requesting a tracking number, he didn't respond. I sent another note yesterday, he responded my amp would ship today.

Maybe this is business as usual for Hamad, but it doesn't seem very professional to tell a customer on two different occasions his amp would ship, then

not ship it.

Everyone seems very happy with his work, I'm looking forward to giving it a listen. I picked up a C-21 to mate with it.

Well I am shipping my "classic" Pioneer 1010 to Hamad tomorrow for the works. Once completed, it is going into my home office along with a Philips TT of the same era for the total home office retro vibe. afro.gif BTW when I emailed him last week to confirm some issues his response took mere hours.

Well I am shipping my "classic" Pioneer 1010 to Hamad tomorrow for the works. Once completed, it is going into my home office along with a Philips TT of the same era for the total home office retro vibe. afro.gif BTW when I emailed him last week to confirm some issues his response took mere hours.

Oh, so maybe you get a better response from a small business owner if you're not the pain in the ass constantly emailing him? Huh, I never thought of that...

Oh, so maybe you get a better response from a small business owner if you're not the pain in the ass constantly emailing him? Huh, I never thought of that...

[ ] Not told

[ ] Told

[ ] Told Hard 2: Told Harder

[X] Fuckin' Told

[ ] Told Spice

[ ] No Country for Told Men

[ ] Told of the Rings

[X] Tic-Tac-Told

[X] The Told Testament

• 1 month later...

Mike be prepared to wait a month to six weeks; mine is there in the queue and Hammad told me when I shipped it that they are looking at a minimum of 4 weeks. Then again you might get faster service if you email him three times a day while calling him hourly. azn.gif

Mike be prepared to wait a month to six weeks; mine is there in the queue and Hammad told me when I shipped it that they are looking at a minimum of 4 weeks. Then again you might get faster service if you email him three times a day while calling him hourly. azn.gif

I have purchased Eddie Current amps so I know the zen of waiting. :)

I'll use the NAD C272 until the M22 returns or I still have the vintage McIntosh integrated if I want to take my current pre out of the mix. So 4-8 weeks is workable.

• 1 month later...

My A-27 is done with final testing this weekend. I should have it next week so Hamad will have time to work on other stuff.

Awaiting report of your first listen. I have A-27 that I love.

M22 is on the operating table. Hamad says someone in its past had it repaired with some mediocre parts and that they will replace all of those in the full refurb. Can't wait to hear it once it's done.

Mike ... my M22 continues to be one of the best audio purchases ever, and is running strong going on two years of Hamad's overhaul. Something very satisfying about bringing these old beasts back to original glory. Enjoy your better than new amp once you get it back. Did you have the power cord replaced? I had a shout cord with IEC receptacle hard wired to the amp so I could use any PC I wanted.

• 2 weeks later...

Amp is done:

Work completed:

New Power transistors installed with new mica washers (all 8 replaced)

New Power Diodes and noise elimination capacitors

All relays opened and cleaned internally

New Nichicon MUSE caps replacing all electrolytic caps from all boards

New Power switch light installed

New 14 AWG silver-plated Power socket installed with new IEC female socket

I should have it in a few days. Sooooo looking forward to it.