Tekton Lore - Anyone heard these?

Absorbine_Sr

• 2 weeks later...

Hate to thread crap but the guy was a complete douche to me a few people on Diya for no reason. Well the reason was budp and Dave asked him for his patent submissions and he got bitchy. I posted in fonken threads and he pm'd me saying I should check out his stuff which was much cheaper and better. When I asked him to build a fonken he asked for $500 more than what planet10 charged and he was using mdf

Compared a pair of his speakers using the same drivers with a guy who wanted to buy the Fonkens. Fonkens were doing things with the bass the tekton stuff wouldn't even come close to.

Try the speakers though. Who knows , you might like the sound. Also the site doesn't say what drivers are being used...do you happen to know? 98db seems awfully high for a 10" driver in addition to a crossover which should reduce the sensitivity.

the driver specs according to the manufacturer are here...

Eminence - The Art and Science of Sound

the driver only goes down to 100hz. fs of 97hz. it only goes up to 6khz but the tweeter is crossed over well before that i would assume.

wonder how he gets anything lower than 150hz out of this thing -- cabinet doesnt look HUGE. i dont really trust manufacturer claims regarding the fr after getting burnt by fostex on a few occasions. i grow even more skeptical of his claims - "better than 30hz - 30khz frequency response." anyone care to explain how a driver that bottoms out at 100hz can go below 30hz? i really dont understand. is the cabinet doing something here?

Yes, cabinets do things. Heh.

It's hard to explain, best to grab a sim program and play with it. Are these standard ported cabs or folded or what? Once I get back, if you could get a rough idea of the volume assuming it's nothing fancy in terms of folded or t-line I could so a sim for you. It seems plausible to me, assuming it's a simple ported design.

Oh and that guy is a douche...

Yep that's the whole point of bass reflex, to lower the resonant frequency of the system, where fs is the resonant frequency of the driver in air/unsealed and fc is the resonant frequency in a sealed and tuned cabinet. It gets more complicated than that, read this for a basic understanding: Speaker Box Calculations

I highly highly doubt it goes below 30Hz though.

Heh, CJ and others will be amused to note that I actually understood all of what he said up there, with the speaker tech nonsense. Read the Loudspeaker Design Cookbook as a teenager and did a lot of the calculations with a Parts Express catalog in front of me. This was back when I was reasonably smart, though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...