What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

Nice Al and Marc. Definitely have to get back to SFO for a more extensive bar tour. I still prefer the Cocchi in a Vesper but if all I had was gin, vodka and Lillet Blanc, I could be happy.

You are definitely living up to your screen name Mikey as that is a mad selection of whisky, not to mention that H-C sized glass.

Laphroaig QC is definitely good stuff Shelly (Note to self: Drink more to make room for some Laphroaig QC).

I've been sipping some Laphroaig QC this fine evening.

Good choice.

My webstore will be opening soon :)

Best news I have heard all day!

hopslam

I do still want to try this even though you don't seem to be very impressed by it.

I decided it was a nice day to open up a bottle of Sierra Nevada 30th Anniversary Fritz & Ken Stout Ale - turns out that was a good decision. :)

117457.jpg

Edited by shellylh

Macallan and Caol Ila, i think, but i'd have to check my paper notes, and i don't feel like digging around in my basement.

It's tiring to move all those bodies around to find a few pieces of paper. :basement:

Beauty of an HP there Mikey. I need to visit the garage again soon!

Yikes, sorry about the bad to the Beaune, Greg. Le bummer.

Edited by Voltron

Mikey: Sorry to hear about your friend's Grandma but that is one heck of a scotch (I would assume)!

Greg: You know what Miller Light tastes like??? Shame on you. :)

I am back to the Anvil list again after a bit of a break (not by choice).

Anvil #21: Corn N' Oil

2 oz Blackstrap Rum (didn't have Blackstrap so I substituted Zacapa)

1/4 oz Velvet Falernum

1/4 lime

2 dashes Angostura bitters

In case you do not remember, I recently bought some Falernum so I could make a couple more drinks on the Anvil list. The first one I tried was "Rum Swizzle." I wasn't too fond of it and thought it was probably due to the ginger in the Velvet Falernum. Tonight and tried the Corn N' Oil and it wasn't horrible but I also didn't like it very much.

56eFE.jpg

Next drink:

Anvil #10: Blinker

1oz Sazerac Rye

1/2 oz fresh squeezed grapefruit juice

1/2 tsp Monin Raspberry syrup

This is really good! I could drink a lot of these. Yum.

tZhm4.jpg

Edited by shellylh