What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

Shelly, is that your first Pliny (on draught, I know you've had bottles)? I can't be jealous, I've had more than a Floridians share.

I had some (on draught) last time I was in the bay area. Definitely a tradition I plan to continue. :)

Had some Chilean cab at dinner with the in-laws - don't remember the name but it was good. Also, picked up a few bottles of Pliny to take back with me (if they last that long).

I've been taking that in gelcap form lately. Mostly because it was the only one that was available in the small size when I was in California -- I usually do the salmon oil gelcap from the same brand.

Mine says to keep it in a cool dry place, but explicitly not in the refridgerator -- any idea why?

a few things to consider when buying fish oil...

EPA (potency)

DHA (potency)

Independent third party testing (purity)

Price (value)

I buy my stuff here. The Carlson's 500ml bottle that I take has an EPA of 800 and DHA of 500, 100 servings per container, and it's only $21.56. It really tastes just like lemon flavored oil with no fishy taste, aftertaste or fishy burps. I usually take five to nine teaspoons per day.

Your fish oil gel caps likely has some additive that refrigeration might cause the oil to harden up or the gel caps and might inhibit your body's ability to absorb it as much and easily as possible.

But...but...but...I am taking Carlson's.

And now I can't find the statement that says not to put it in the fridge. Bizarre. :palm:

EPA 360; DHA 250 / two, I've been taking one in the morning, one in the evening, but have been substituting the fish oil for one of them until I finish that bottle:

EPA 300; DHA 200 / one.

I think it's the baby equivalent of the British drinking their tea with their pinky extended -- it's just an affectation, doesn't mean anything.

Either that, or the middle fingers taste better than the outer fingers.

How disappointing. I was ready to call in The Exorcist.

a few things to consider when buying fish oil...

EPA (potency)

DHA (potency)

Independent third party testing (purity)

Price (value)

I buy my stuff here. The Carlson's 500ml bottle that I take has an EPA of 800 and DHA of 500, 100 servings per container, and it's only $21.56. It really tastes just like lemon flavored oil with no fishy taste, aftertaste or fishy burps. I usually take five to nine teaspoons per day.

Your fish oil gel caps likely has some additive that refrigeration might cause the oil to harden up or the gel caps and might inhibit your body's ability to absorb it as much and easily as possible.

The other thing you should note is what the level of mercury is. If it hasn't been tested for mercury level, with actual test results for the batch, I would not be using it.