What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

That's a superb looking Bramble Shelly. I really need to get a bottle of the Old Raj.

I think you may be right Marc. A simple Aperol and soda or Aperol Spritz may be hard to top.

Finally taking up the Warday's challenge. Decided to be all wild and actually make it with dry gin.

IMG_0171.jpg

Not extremely impressed.

For Creme de Cassis drinks try a Bourbon Dynasty, a Gotham Cocktail or a Harvard Veritas.

Edited by morphsci

That's a superb looking Bramble Shelly. I really need to get a bottle of the Old Raj.

I almost bought a bottle of the higher proofed Old Raj today. I think Marc said that one was the better of the two. It certainly is more HC approved at 55% than the one I have at a mere 46%.

You have all the fun Mike! Enjoy your afternoon buzz at the Floyds. :)

Marc, there are some other creme de cassis drinks that I like:

Parisian, Mississippi Mule, Ballet Russe, Dubonnet Cassis, Brandy Cassis, French Daiquiri, or maybe you could layer up a nice Stars & Stripes or Pousse Cafe!

Martini with blue cheese stuffed olives (5:1 Hendricks to Dolin Dry with a splash of olive juice)

sTNbT.jpg

Shelly, that looks awesome! Now that is something I can make but for now to celebrate Mother's day-

la_jota_vinyard.jpg

2007 Howell Mountain (win) La Jota Cabernet Sauvignon.

Al, high five on the Cohiba!

Cheers al ya muthaaasss out there. :)

Edited by Augsburger

over the weekend Sun King & Hoosier Beer Geek had another Tailgate for Nothing event...

8e520d11.jpg

my buddy Ross was there sharing Colt 45 Blast!...I wish I could capture the correct color of that one...it's really something...

aef05543.jpg

I setup my little table with various Cigar City brews...that's Marron Acidifie (collab with The Bruery), Papaya IPA, Big Sound, Improvisacion, Vuja De & Sea Bass...then, later, we opened up a Bolita Brown...

wish I had taken more pics whilst making the rounds...I had some Upland Dantalion, Balls Hop Extremecy, Flat12 Vanilla Porter, Alaskan Smoked Porter (yum), & a number of beers that'll probably come to me later...

53457f2c.jpg

cb7ac0f5.jpg

cc9a078f.jpg

someone brought over a New Glarus Gueuze, Golden Ale & IIPA:)...

92a920ef.jpg

I decided to stage a Nøgne Ø Horizon tasting...the consensus seemed to be the Dark was best followed by the Sweet then the Red...they're not really comparable, though...they vary from batch to batch & the Red uses sake yeast...