What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

Eagle rare private reserve 10. I wish it were the 17, but this is damn good! Especially for the price me thinks. My mother has diabetes and gets the cheap wine and since I don't know anything about wine and know her favorite drink was rum and coke, I thought I'd gift her a bottle of this and a glencairn for her birthday. The bottle also looks classy, I hope she likes it.

Edited by manaox2

This /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ again and a Ojai Santa Barbara County Pinot

Did you finally find a leg of lamb? :D

Unfortunately, I had a crappy 2010 Dos Fincas Cab/Malbec blend with dinner. Not recommended. I did have a nice after dinner treat though: 4:1 ratio of Maison Surrenne cognac to Grand Imperial orange liqueur. Tasty. Thanks for the recommendation Jacob.

KrmoH.jpg

Bloody Mary (with recipe). Yum.

Also, I have decided that I love Sriracha sauce (originally bought for Jacob's Bloody Mary recipe). I put it on almost everything now: pizza, chicken, sandwiches, etc. I should add it to the favorite new things thread.

Edited by shellylh

It's quite the ergonomic piece of wood. Next I need the proper glassware and this drink really does need to be served with a spoon, if you use sugar cubes.

That first sentence sounds like something Steve would say. :D I would not make a Mint Julep or a Sazerac with anything other than muddled sugar cubes.

For me a Boulevardier with HC modified proportions

2 oz VanWinkle Lot B Bourbon

3/4 oz Cocchi Vemouth di Torino

3/4 oz Gran Classico Bitters

2 Griottine Cherries

b888d440.jpg

2005 Kistler Cuvee Cathleen Kistler Vineyard.

Jealous......and 2005 no less. Moar jealous.

For/with dinner

Buttonwood - 2000 - Merlot - Reserve Santa Ynez

AcZzf.jpg

Mmmmmmmm,the force is strong this evening.

Edited by Augsburger