What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

Good to know about the Mandarine v Shrubb. I really love the Shrubb and find myself reaching for it everytime I make a margarita. Unfortunately this means the Shrubb bottle is almost empty and I have almost a full bottle Cointreau. :( Looks like it is time to have some people over for Margaritas to use it up. ;)

Oops (I realized that I had typed Astros beat the Astros... now fixed).

I made a Mauri this evening but didn't like it so I dumped it (pics tomorrow). Perhaps I don't like cocktail onions. Now I am having orange juice and Rain Vodka. I figure that I should at least have some orange juice if I have a drink... since I am still sick (have had a headache for 2 days now which is quite annoying).

Yesterday I decided to make Chicken Marsala using a cheap Chardonnay I bought at the market. The Chardonnay is Forrest Ville and it turns out to be pretty damn good! Really good actually, not over oaked as the cheap stuff can be and the fruit really shines through many nuanced layers and a nicely balanced slight acid finish. This winemaker is pretty good.

I killed the rest of what was left over last night after making the sauce so tonight I am continuing the Chardonnay journey with a Kistler Kistler Vineyard Chard. I want me some Cuvee Catherine....................

looks pretty great!

That steak looks super tasty.

It was great and I wish I had one one right now.

Last night I made a couple of drinks for hubby and me.

For hubby: Hand of Glory

I took a sip of it. It was ok but nothing special. I also took a sip of the rum and I do like the Diplomatico Reserva rum a lot. smile.png

2 oz Diplomatico Reserva Rum

.75 oz Punt e Mes

.25 oz Luxardo Maraschino Liqueur

.25 oz Gran Classico

2 dashes Boker's Bitters

VTl0R.jpg

I made myself a Mauri but didn't really like it. I think I don't like cocktail onions, at least with tequila and vodka. Maybe next time I will just pour the tequila/vokda mixture over the cocktail onions instead of adding the brine.

2 oz peppercorn infused Russian Standard vodka

2 oz Partida anejo tequila

1/2 oz onion brine

2 dashes lime juice

Shake with lumps of cracked ice.

Strain into chilled cocktail glass.

Garnish with a cocktail onion or three and a squeeze of lime.

YEkm6.jpg

Now having a Margarita (Espolon Reposado tequila and Creole Shrubb orange liqueur) and watching the Cardinals devour the Carlos Lee and the AAA Astros. biggrin.png The Espolon makes a very nice margarita especially at its price!

jipCV.jpg

Edited by shellylh

I might start calling it the naamanhattan. wink.png

I'm down with the sickness.

if my Rittenhouse wasn't long, long gone, i'd have one too.

Lush much?

To be honest, I've tried and tried again, but I don't think Manhattans are for me. I find the Sazerac to be a far superior use of rye.