slower forum

Knuckledragger

Knucks, start a turntable.fm channel, then you can do a show from home whenever you want.

I'm actually looking into some options like that. The main issue is that I mix in the analogue domain, so I need to set up an ADC/re-encode and server box. I'm hoping my Wheezy old Wintel can do it because AAPL has clearly delayed the release of the next Mac Pro until they finish building Robot Jobs.

Does Amherst College not broadcast over the summer? I missed the last night's show since I fell asleep around 8 after getting 2 hours of sleep the previous night/morning.

When the FCC renewed our license in 2008 (a process that lasted through 2010) they informed us that we're no longer allowed to broadcast during June, July and August. No one else is allowed to make use of FM channel 207 (89.3MHz) during that time, but it's against FCC regulations for us to use our own of frequency space in the summer months. The official reason, as best I can make out is because we're a low (150) wattage college station and they don't like us. During the renewal process the FCC suits were at pains to let us know that they no longer give out the kind of license we have and the only reason we get to keep it is the fact that WAMH has been around since 1948. The fact is that the FCC is a wholly owned subsidiary of corporate radio giants like Clear Channel and Infinity. Tiny college stations like WAMH are a thorn in the side of the beast, so why not make out lives as difficult as possible. ranting.gif

Ahem. Images.

ORaf2.jpg

TLrsa.gif

k0tKk.jpg

1oJV0.jpg

AAPL's earnings report included phrase 'LOL U MAD BRO?'

zNaPk.jpg

GoT themed wedding cake.