slower forum

Knuckledragger

This is all really depressing. She was, at one point, really great. Arkansas Traveler, ignoring the questionable politics, is an amazing album where she collaborates with a who's who of roots musicians. Her live shows were spectacularly good. Most people thought, based on her own comments, that she was gay. But, most people also thought she was a little bit off the rails.

Here she is at her best.

http://www.myspace.com/video/kirk-krik/michelle-shocked-the-ballad-of-penny-evans/14272492

:(

Back in the early 2000s, she put on one of the best concerts I've ever seen, on the Deep Natural tour, and she was clearly okay with gaiety in that show and in her songwriting at the time (her song Peachfuzz is all about embracing sexual diversity).  She had been born again for awhile prior to that, so I have a hard time believing that she's just drunk some religious kool-aid now.  People are speculating that she's got some mental issues going on, and the ramblings on her twitter feed kind of lead me to agree with that.  I hope she gets her shit sorted out.

Disappointed face FTW!  What was that software that could impose one face on all others?  That pic is begging to be done.  In fact, it doesn't even need to be done, I can see it in my brain.

This magazine is spinning the Shocked Shart debacle (and if there were images, would it be Shopped Shocked?) rather cleverly.  Not sure which I like more, the headline or the URL.