June 23, 201313 yr comment_584399 Dude could up his presentation an iota. Me: still stuck on Helloween, alternating with the Pete Namlook tribute fan contributions, and miscellaneous stuff in between. Report
June 23, 201313 yr comment_584438 The Klezmatics - Jews With Horns. an album i've heard a million times, but it's new with the HD-800s. how do these phones present some stuff behind me?!? You have a built in AC3 decoder? Report
June 26, 201313 yr Author comment_584917 Heartbroken that I came to Mayberry without my HDD containing all my music files. Oh well, SACDs will have to suffice, but dammit I wanted to hear some more DSD files without spinning discs. NP: Report
June 26, 201313 yr comment_584937 Karen Souza & Stella Starlight Trio -- bunch of different jazz lounge covers, some of these translate really well ("Creep", "Strawberry Fields Forever"). Report
June 27, 201313 yr comment_585273 How is this possible from an 11 year old? And I don't mean technically, which can be done by a robot. I mean soul and heart and guts and depth. Playing and especially composing. Quincy Jones doesn't fuck around. I sure hope she plays more jazz because she is a classical player/composer as well. Thanks for this. Amazing! I'm listening now, have to pick up the CD. Report
June 28, 201313 yr comment_585413 Keith Jarrett, Gary Peacock, Jack DeJohnette: My Foolish Heart. Live at Montreux, 07/22/2001. Report
June 28, 201313 yr comment_585493 The Vliets - 2013 - The Vliets (digital download of the new feedbands.com album delivery -- happy with the choice) Report
June 29, 201313 yr comment_585617 Now the SACD layer -- oh yeah.................... Yes - 1977 - Going for the One Report
June 29, 201313 yr comment_585621 Well ... I have to say that Original '77 Atlantic.. may rule them all. There is a lot to be said for the remaster -- but there is a pace and tone to the analog that is hard to beat... Report
June 29, 201313 yr comment_585643 I need to get that SACD -- it's kind of hard to play vinyl with computer. Report
June 29, 201313 yr comment_585692 Gazpacho, Andando por Las Ramas -- I really like both Gazpacho's, the prog band and this one, the latin pop one. Report
June 30, 201313 yr comment_585821 Corelia, Nostalgia (Instrumental) -- this is sublime -- think nu-metal without the horrid vocals, and then progify it. Change change change change change... And fucking tight. Report
July 1, 201313 yr comment_585958 Birdeatsbaby, Feast of Hammers -- this is great -- cabaret rock in the mode of Dresden Dolls, with some other instruments (so: femme vox, piano, drums, bass, violin and vocals)...I'll definitely be checking out their other albums. They were recommended to me by Spotify by way of Pitchfork's similarities engine (I think) because I listened to Scarling and Magneta Lane, both of which I did indeed like. But I have to admit, I wouldn't have gone there. But if it's based on other people with the same tastes, I've gotta say, it worked. It doesn't always, but damn, this is a find. Report
July 4, 201313 yr comment_586584 Jimi: Winterland: Disc 3. Through a new source Emm Labs DCC2SE and CDSASE provided by the great Voltron. Report
July 4, 201313 yr comment_586588 Indukti, Idmen -- prog metal, kinda Tool-ish right now ("Nemesis Voices"), but goes back and forth between full-on screamo and instrumental -- definitely my kind of thing...when I'm angry. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.