June 7, 201313 yr comment_581028 Looks like someone is abusing "his" HD800 Great albums there, Jacob. Elgar: Enigma Variations - Sir Colin Davis, London Symphony Orchestra 10th variation "Nimrod" (on other recordings it's the ninth) is a moving piece of music. I attended a LSO concert a few days ago, under Michael Tilson Thomas. The extra piece out of program was this short piece, they played it to Sir Colin Davis memory. It's been one of the most moving music moments I've experienced Report
June 7, 201313 yr comment_581031 Love "Enigma,..". Speaking of MTT (Tilson Thomas), any of my fellow Bay Area HC's going to hear "Rite,.." later this month? I totally spaced it and now tickets are $$$! Report
June 7, 201313 yr comment_581076 Lights - Siberia Acoustic Siberia was one of my favorite albums from last year. Acoustic is a bit of a shock, but her vocals and choices on phrasing are great in this setting. Edited June 7, 201313 yr by en480c4 Report
June 7, 201313 yr comment_581123 Speaking of MTT (Tilson Thomas), any of my fellow Bay Area HC's going to hear "Rite,.." later this month?I totally spaced it and now tickets are $$$!Wanted to, but will have to settle for the poor man's version...http://www.mountainview.gov/civica/filebank/blobdload.asp?BlobID=10987 Report
June 7, 201313 yr Author comment_581136 We saw the Rite at SF Ballet this year. Pretty sure I have seen MTT conduct it before as well. Report
June 7, 201313 yr comment_581138 It's probably fiction, but a reminder for those who haven't seen, this may be a good year to visit...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luuoEXqWNk8 Report
June 8, 201313 yr comment_581228 Fucking TesseracT, motherfuckers! \m/ \m/ RIYL Mars Volta and...uh...counting in your head a lot, and still catching yourself headbanging out of sync with the music. But only occasionally. Report
June 8, 201313 yr comment_581304 Within Reason, Transient Broadcasts Uninterestingly enough, this is alphabetically right before Within Temptation in my collection. I have no other "Within..." bands, that I recall. Report
June 8, 201313 yr comment_581328 Pepe Romero - Flamenco Fenomeno! Dude was fifteen. Fifteen. Edited June 8, 201313 yr by aardvark baguette Report
June 9, 201313 yr comment_581434 Neurosis post-fucking post-invented post-metal. Post-fuckers. Live at Roadburn 2007 Report
June 9, 201313 yr comment_581438 BSO + Piatigorski + Munch - Dvorak & Walton Cello Concertos (RCA Living Stereo) A DSD rip of this SACD. It sounds awesome, I'd say clearer and deeper than the CD. Report
June 9, 201313 yr comment_581443 Ralph Towner and Paolo Fresu - Chiaroscuro Edited June 9, 201313 yr by thrice Report
June 10, 201313 yr comment_581691 When taking a break from what I'm doing, I'll be listening to Alpinestars' "White Noise" -- too bad they never followed that up, methinks. RIYL Zoot Woman, et al. Report
June 11, 201313 yr comment_582026 The London Suede - Suede Edited June 11, 201313 yr by shellylh Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.