June 16, 201313 yr comment_583093 His album with Coltrane, on vinyl, is just out of this world. The HDTracks version is good, too...Yep, that superior album lead me to pick this one up yesterday. Not sure you can have too much for the after hours. Fun to jump between him and Jimmy Scott. Report
June 17, 201313 yr comment_583139 Skinny Puppy, Weapon (new studio album, came out about a month ago) Report
June 18, 201313 yr comment_583308 Orbital, Pusher soundtrack -- the great washes of synths and delicate plunky-wunkies are a nice break from the other great washes of synths and delicate plunky-wunkies (Namlook fan contributions) Report
June 19, 201313 yr comment_583484 Earlier: Oneohtrix Point Never - Rifts (2012) Now: Oneohtrix Point Never - Returnal (2010) I had never heard of OPN until a month or so ago. I'm facebook friends with Mixmaster Morris, who posts links to a lot of really interesting music. There's a lot that insane about the Information Age, but being able to trainspot one of the pioneering ambient DJs on a daily basis is a real treat. Report
June 19, 201313 yr comment_583666 Lounge Lizards | Voice of Chunk http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRY_PZIKeqM Report
June 20, 201313 yr comment_583763 Austra - Olympia [bluth voice]That album?[/bluth] I actually had checked that album out a couple weeks ago. Sorry, I don't hear the goth. Indie electronica, yes, and very nice indie electronica, medigs, but I just don't hear the goth. Perhaps I need to go back and listen to the first album? Me, now: "Dead Drop", by Cypher 7 -- I love this track. Those first 2+ minutes are pure bliss. Report
June 20, 201313 yr comment_583823 [bluth voice]That album?[/bluth] I actually had checked that album out a couple weeks ago. Sorry, I don't hear the goth. Indie electronica, yes, and very nice indie electronica, medigs, but I just don't hear the goth. Perhaps I need to go back and listen to the first album? Yeah, I don't think it applies to this one. There's a significant growth between albums, and while there's a lot in common between them, there's definitely a difference in sound and mood. If the label applies to anything, it could be the first. But it's also a label applied by the more mainstream music media, so while it may well not be actual goth it probably captures the mood of the first album. Report
June 20, 201313 yr Author comment_583884 ^That's a creepy album title, even knowing the reference. Report
June 21, 201313 yr comment_584062 Plowing through all the Rite of Spring versions around the house. DSD. Report
June 21, 201313 yr comment_584084 Jeremy Siepmann's Classics Explained version is fairly wonderful listening. Sent from mah phone-blet via Tapatalk Report
June 21, 201313 yr comment_584092 Thanks. Will look into.Was at a lecture last night on the 100th anniversary so all about the Rite. Report
June 21, 201313 yr comment_584103 Yeah, plan to read the article this weekend, will be curious what inaccuracies you find between the two. Not a big deal, it's just that I recently discovered that YOU CAN'T TRUST EVERYTHING YOU READ AND HEAR! (throws table) Me: Austra, Feel it Break/Olympia alternately Report
June 21, 201313 yr Author comment_584105 How is this possible from an 11 year old? And I don't mean technically, which can be done by a robot. I mean soul and heart and guts and depth. Playing and especially composing. Quincy Jones doesn't fuck around. I sure hope she plays more jazz because she is a classical player/composer as well. Report
June 22, 201313 yr comment_584192 How is this possible from an 11 year old? And I don't mean technically, which can be done by a robot. I mean soul and heart and guts and depth. Playing and especially composing. Quincy Jones doesn't fuck around. I sure hope she plays more jazz because she is a classical player/composer as well. Piano is her favourite game to play. I’m sure she knows she’s one of the best composers for her age, but I don’t think that even concerns her. Pure innocence joy and fun. Report
June 22, 201313 yr comment_584197 The Drones - Wait Long by the River and the Bodies of Your Enemies Will Float Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.