What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

matt-eliott-the-broken-man.png

Matt Elliott, The Broken Man -- wow, this is a long way from his full-on electronica of Third Eye Foundation, or even his first album as Matt Elliott -- acoustic instruments such as Spanish guitar and piano predominate -- I think I might love this album even more than as much as The Mess We Made (they're so different, they're incomparable).  And "If Anyone Tells Me 'It's Better to Have Loved and Lost Than to Never Have Loved at All' I Will Stab Them in the Face" may be my favourite track title of all time.

EDIT:  Just found out it's available on vinyl, will have to get that.  This album really benefits from being played loudly -- there's a second layer of music recorded very softly that changes practically every track from what's heard at the topmost level and what's heard when one can hear all the layers.

Also, the new AlunaGeorge album (synthpop a la Oh Land, Kylie, etc...perhaps with a bit more indie/alternative slant)

Entheogenic - Anthropomorphic.

It's nice to see Entheogenic return to form. They were one of the main psychill stalwarts back in the day and their first album is an absolute gem, but after two albums they stagnated and the inspiration seemed to run dry. Now, over a decade later, they're back with a darker, more focused sound, more energy, more intensity, and a lot more inspiration all-around. Of course, with DR6 the sound quality could be better, but considering what passes for electronic music production these days, even this is not bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDFwKVv3qW4