July 18, 201313 yr comment_589417 Sharp dressed Man, Al. Haute Couture Claire. So, no Red Vodka then. Edited July 19, 201313 yr by Grahame Report
July 19, 201313 yr comment_589525 You and Claire look dapper, Al. Me: Callisto, Noir -- post-metal. \m/ Report
July 19, 201313 yr comment_589537 Callisto, Nyx -- not post-metal, more Tangerine-Dream-y electronica Report
July 19, 201313 yr comment_589613 They suck? I still like 'em. Wait, no, I'm thinking of the Deftones. I liked that one track...no, that was Papa Roach. Wait, do I like them? I thought I liked them. I might not like them. Will have to figure that out. Me, now: Karnivool, Asymmetry -- fuck work. Report
July 19, 201313 yr comment_589629 I still really like Reanimation... Quite abut more than Hybrid Theory, actually. Almost every song is improved upon. Edited July 19, 201313 yr by en480c4 Report
July 20, 201313 yr comment_589650 Lanterns on the Lake - Gracious Tide, Take Me Home And I just saw their new album has been announced for 9/9. Seriously Ian, just send me your playlist.....lots of good female vox recommendations I see from you! Thanks for this one.....fun listen...... Report
July 20, 201313 yr comment_589705 Callisto, Signal to the Stars -- more superb Tangerine Dream -like electronica/synthetica Callisto, Providence -- back to post-metal, still superb Report
July 20, 201313 yr comment_589728 Seriously Ian, just send me your playlist.....lots of good female vox recommendations I see from you! Thanks for this one.....fun listen...... Glad you're finding some recommendations you enjoy... A lot of what I've listened to over the last 7 years is here. I'll try to take a look through the list and find some more recommendations. I don't even remember where I found out about Lanterns on the Lake. When I get bored I tend to go on a tear digging for new music. Report
July 22, 201313 yr comment_590045 Les Discrets, Septembre et Ses Dernières Pensées and Ariettes oubliées... -- gloomy shoegazer metal with clean French vocals -- because I'm in such a good mood (it rained here recently) Report
July 22, 201313 yr comment_590065 Gojira, L'Enfant Sauvage -- what is French for "metal which is brutal and pummeling and heavy"? Gojira is. Report
July 22, 201313 yr comment_590069 They still haven't outdone "The Art of Dying", though, in my book. Now playing. Report
July 23, 201313 yr comment_590181 Baroness, Live at Maida Vale saw them open for Opeth a few years back, then saw them again last month at Bonnaroo. They put on a fantastic show, raw and relentless. I planned on leaving their set at 'Roo to see another band midway through but they sucked me in and wouldn't let me leave. those dudes have been through a lot of drama recently, I love seeing them push on and continue to create exceptional music. Edited July 23, 201313 yr by postjack Report
July 23, 201313 yr comment_590182 Yellow & Green was one of the better albums from last year. I understand that "sucked in and wouldn't let leave" comment -- that's exactly what that record did for me -- I just kept wanting to go back and listen to it. On an unrelated note, I might have to look up some more Whitehorse, this is superb: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALjg_NYDByo Report
July 23, 201313 yr comment_590202 Les Discrets, Septembre et Ses Dernières Pensées and Ariettes oubliées... -- gloomy shoegazer metal with clean French vocals -- because I'm in such a good mood (it rained here recently) Wow, thanks for mentioning this band. Great stuff! Report
July 23, 201313 yr comment_590213 Wow, thanks for mentioning this band. Great stuff! Yes, yes it is. I do often get good advice from Spotify. Report
July 24, 201313 yr comment_590423 Jakob, Solace -- instrumental post-metal -- helps my day! And this sounds like it was written from the ground up as instrumental, rather than being released as instrumental versions a la The Ocean Collective. Report
July 24, 201313 yr comment_590515 I have tried, unsuccessfully, seven times to listen to 'Shortest Straw'. Interrupted every time today. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.