May 29, 201313 yr comment_579243 Trying out USB cables for my laptop to DAC. Actually surprised at variation in sound! Settling with a Moon Audio Blue Dragon won @ the NY Spring Meet auction. Pretty darn nice. Once I saw these, just had to listen to the full albums. Not sure if this guy is a genius or truly the product of an asylum. But pretty fun stuff. Report
May 29, 201313 yr comment_579327 I find that intriguing. Alas, he is not on Spotify. And One, Back Home ...and... VNV Nation, Automatic ...and now some Knife Party (dubstep). EDIT: Re: "Body Shop"/"Only Your Impression"/"Ride Little Pony" -- I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that this is a different Knife Party. Report
May 29, 201313 yr comment_579338 David Housden - thomas was alone Jebus, why am I just now hearing this? Edited May 29, 201313 yr by cutestory Report
May 29, 201313 yr comment_579357 ...and now some Knife Party (dubstep). EDIT: Re: "Body Shop"/"Only Your Impression"/"Ride Little Pony" -- I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that this is a different Knife Party. I can only imagine the shock there... I really like the Knife Party you were expecting. Report
May 29, 201313 yr comment_579392 Enjoying a lot this album Cécile McLorin Salvant - WomanChild Report
May 30, 201313 yr comment_579566 Apop B, Welcome to Earth and then APBL2K I don't know why I love this (the studio album, Welcome to Earth) so much, but I do. It's divided distinctly into two parts -- the "hits" and the more experimental numbers. And it's not like it's divided evenly -- there are only 5 or 6 tracks that can be considered the hits, and they're not distributed evenly -- tracks 2, 3, 5, 8 and 10 (11 is questionable, and 7 is the ballad), but it really works for me like no other album they've done. Probably my favourite "futurepop" album. (Yes, moreso than any VNV Nation album.) Report
May 30, 201313 yr comment_579652 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXv8JVbqwao Shitballs! My neural cortex is burning up! Report
May 31, 201313 yr comment_579693 Fuck, got a song stuck in my head -- from the 80's, I think, main lyrics go "stay with me (falsetto) won't you stay with me" in the chorus and either "write you a new song" or something like that in one of the verses (2nd, I think). Sounds like A-Ha or someshit. EDIT: Found it, Thompson Twins, "Hold Me Now". Report
May 31, 201313 yr comment_579716 Antidote: The Name of this band is Talking Heads -- disk 2 (starting at Psycho Killer) Report
May 31, 201313 yr comment_579787 A Perfect Circle - Thirteenth Step "Clever got me this far, then tricky got me in." Edited May 31, 201313 yr by thrice Report
May 31, 201313 yr comment_579822 Talking Heads, "Born Under Punches"/"Crosseyed and Painless"/"The Big Curve"/"Houses in Motion", both from Remain in Light and from The Name of this Band is... -- quite possibly the greatest quartuple of songs from an album ever. Addictive to a fault. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.