June 12, 201313 yr comment_582095 Wire, The Ideal Copy -- easily my favourite album by them, mostly because it's the first one I heard, and this is one case that familiar breeds ...well...more listening, and therefore more familiarity ackshully. It's damn near perfect, other than "Still Shows", which really isn't that bad, it's just not as great as the rest of the album. Report
June 12, 201313 yr comment_582178 Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest (2013) So far it's living up to the hype. Report
June 12, 201313 yr comment_582179 I'm digging this way more than I expected I'm probably going to dig it exactly as much as I expect to, from what I heard of the one track. Ozzy's lyrics weren't the best, but Tony is in top form. Report
June 13, 201313 yr comment_582228 Venetian snares - A giant alien force more violent & sick than anything you can imagine. spot on title, really. Edited June 13, 201313 yr by aardvark baguette Report
June 13, 201313 yr comment_582256 ah need to hear that Me: Wire, lots and lots of wire -- middle period -- late pre-breakup...I think, this sounds pretty techo, ackshully Report
June 13, 201313 yr comment_582379 /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ Than RLJ CD is awesome! The first time I heard it was when Tyll locked me in a private listening room at a LA Home Audio show a hunert years ago with his pimped out amp and balanced Senns....... I have never been the same. I was floored by the professionalism and kindness showed by the Big Kahuna of headphone audio to a no one like me. John Lee Hooker-- Mr. Lucky Awesome music brought to me by the two Steve's, you guys know who you are. Thanks for the beautiful, beautiful music. Report
June 13, 201313 yr comment_582396 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEpmUUEkrKMStill one on my fav openings... Report
June 14, 201313 yr comment_582485 Because of this... So this... Good call, great album! Doing similarly (Breakfast in America deluxe edition on Spotify, doubt it sounds as good as MFSL).... Report
June 14, 201313 yr comment_582516 "Child of Vision" is a great song (I love songs like that, that are >50% instrumental -- also, "Crime of the Century", title track), but too bad it follows those two (relative) clunkers, "Just Another Nervous Wreck" and "Casual Conversations". Sorry. I think it's that lull at the end of side two that takes this album out of any kind of Top X list for me. Crime of the Century and Even in the Questest Moments... are much better albums. And "Rudy", a live version on the bonus disk, is such a great song. I think it might be their best song. So epic, with all those parts... Report
June 14, 201313 yr comment_582528 Aoife O'Donovan - Fossils Fantastic. Strong folk. Anyone who was a fan of her with Crooked Still will enjoy. Report
June 16, 201313 yr comment_582986 Namlook tribute comp fan submissions Almost 12 hours of music. I'll be in my bunk. Report
June 16, 201313 yr comment_583079 Rawk on, let your freak flag fly. Me: moar Helloween -- goddamn, I love good power metal. Also Lollers @ Unarmed -- the version of Dr. Stein, in particular, is particularly silly fun. And they still "got it", IMHO -- they still write good tunes, they didn't start and end with Keeper... Report
June 16, 201313 yr comment_583091 Two compilations of mid-90s Juno Reactor remixes. It's pretty boss. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.