December 15, 201114 yr comment_486320 Ahhh, madman is great! Looking for my Chet Atkins In Hollywood cd right now. Report
December 15, 201114 yr comment_486325 Ahhh, madman is great! Looking for my Chet Atkins In Hollywood cd right now. I just saw that today when I was sorting LP's into the new rack .. I have the RCA reissue - sad it is still sealed - I need to get my shit straight and listen some more. Report
December 15, 201114 yr Author comment_486338 I just saw that today when I was sorting LP's into the new rack .. I have the RCA reissue - sad it is still sealed - I need to get my shit straight and listen some more. I always feel that way. I told Claire that I want to listen to all my music and read all my books when I'm retired. She suggested I should dream bigger, but that seems great to me. Report
December 15, 201114 yr comment_486342 Absolute Sound review said this was good. It is. Listening on MOG now. It's supposed to be available on 45 rpm vinyl. http://mog.com/m/album/11395813 Report
December 16, 201114 yr comment_486548 New Conceptions- Chucho Valdes, goes well with the Cabernet Franc I am drinking. You see Chucho is Cuban so his music is kind of Caribbean salsa Cuban jazzish and that pairs well with the fruit layered Cabernet Franc cause Cuban food has a spicy fruit layer to it. See simple! Now carry on. Apropos since we just had the piano tuned today, and it sounds mahvalous!!!!! Edited December 16, 201114 yr by Augsburger Report
December 17, 201114 yr comment_486720 Marcus Miller- Marcus Miller. Mathias Landaeus- Opening McCoy Tyner Manhattan Moods Edited December 17, 201114 yr by Augsburger Report
December 17, 201114 yr comment_486781 Is it me, or do his songs always sound better when covered by others? Report
December 17, 201114 yr comment_486785 There are few I've felt that for (though often over time don't), but never Cohen. Report
December 18, 201114 yr comment_486990 Damn, hadn't heard. Vaclav Havel too. So Cesaria Evora's self-titled now. Later the Velvets and some The Plastic People Of The Universe http://is.gd/Df9nhJ Report
December 18, 201114 yr Author comment_487067 Earlier on the speakers: Now, on the DIY T2 and BHse with 009/SR-O: Report
December 19, 201114 yr comment_487213 I just got a couple of tapes of Count Basie and his Orchestra. It's a live recording from a private party in L.A. which took place in 1961. The dynamics are unbelievable and the tunes are great. The tapes I have are direct copies of the original session tapes which were never meant to be distributed. I'm not sure about the details of these recordings but they sound like they were done professionally. Of course, since they've never been processed at all, the stereo image isn't quite centered , there's no fade in/outs and the horns on the left sometimes dominate over the right but the sound is very "fresh" and the Basie and the guys are in top form. One cool thing is the edits (splices) are minimal so if the next tune starts within a minute or so, there's no edit and you can hear the players messing with the guests. I really like the idea that I'm able to listen to something that only a handful of folks have ever heard too. Report
December 19, 201114 yr Author comment_487281 ...I really like the idea that I'm able to listen to something that only a handful of folks have ever heard too. So, does that mean you aren't going to digitize it and send us all copies? Report
December 19, 201114 yr comment_487285 Oh,.. I think that 24/96 copies can be done. Just don't hold your breath. I'm kinda swamped right now. Report
December 19, 201114 yr Author comment_487290 I was really just kidding, but I would love to come over and hear the tape sometime. Report
December 19, 201114 yr Author comment_487329 Lucky for humanity, Die Antwoord have a new album coming out! Get in line early Stretch, we want the scoop! Report
December 20, 201114 yr comment_487397 I was really just kidding, but I would love to come over and hear the tape sometime. You're always welcome Al! I'll bring that tape with me to the next meet in Burlingame in Feb too. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.