CanJam 2011 is RMAF (Denver CO 10/14-16)

Asr

Get well, Larry. And stay home if needed. RMAF ain't worth it.

Thanks. If I don't get hospitalized then I'll most likely still come. But I've lost about 8 oz of blood in 48 hours right now. Hopefully the new antibiotic will kick in soon and I'll be doing better by Friday. If not, I might have to go to the cath lab to get some blood vessels in my lung embolized again (titanium coils, or plastic injections).

Unless I'm sick or over 7,500 feet altitude, I usually travel to Denver with a small cpap machine, even though I sleep with 2l of oxygen at home. But now I'll have to find room in the car for my big oxygen concentrator and portable tank filler, meaning a LOT less space for headphone gear. My original plan was to bring a "160Gb Apple TV, Nuforce CDP-8, and Macbook Pro > PWD > ZDT with WEE, KGSS and WES" + 6-8 high-end stat and dynamic phones. I even thought about running a DLNA/uPNP server on the Macbook and plugging that and the Bridge into a router.

I think I'll have to condense that down to a Macbook > Apogee Mini-DAC > balanced-only KGSS with LNS, O2 and HE-60. That would be a fairly small and light-weight rig to bring in comparison. A DACmini > HD800, LCD-2 and HE-500 would be even smaller. Or if I'm feeling up to it I can bring both small rigs.

Larry take care of your health first and foremost, no need to bring gear although I really do appreciate what you have done in years prior.

There should be a butt load of gear in that room and even if there weren't in this circumstance just come out and enjoy yourself if you are able to.

Get well soon

Great to see even more HC-ers joining in. azn.gif If only I could be there the whole weekend, but oh well. Looks like I'll be trying to cram as much as possible into 1.5 days between people and headphones....

Larry: seriously, just leave the gear at home if you can make it to the show. The MOTs will have the room covered more than 100x over. Relax and just have a good time, no need to stress over anything. If you feel the need to bring something I'd recommend just the minimal electrostatic setup - that other setup you listed will be repeated at lots of MOT tables I'd imagine.

Steve not sure what my availability Thursday night will be as vendors will be rolling in to set up. I am definitely up for a beer after we are set up.

Tyler what was the name of that place you took us to for middle eastern food ( I think) I just recall it being very good and having mint tea

Hrmmm, the situation sounds like it might be good to have a pizza delivery then. wink.png I know of a good place, will order for the group setting up if folks feel like pizza tomorrow. Will also likely bring some beer like I did last year.

IIRC, that restaurant was called Sahara, yeah that was really good stuff. I've since been back there twice which is saying a lot, as south Denver is just too far from Boulder to make that drive convenient.

Edited by Asr

That sounds like a good plan, Steve. It seems more likely that hanging around the hotel will be the best move, but if there is groundswell once people are in place we can always decide to go somewhere.

I'm arriving at 4:15pm tomorrow in case anybody else will be at the airport and wants to share a cab to the hotel.

Thanks for the well wishes and advice - I appreciate it and I'll certainly take that under consideration. I last coughed up a lot of blood at 3AM, and only a few blood clots about 12 hours later, so thank God things look to be improving.

I'll probably just bring the Apogee/KGSS/Stats, and I'll have my 13 year old son with me to help carry stuff. I'll already have the Macbook Pro with me no matter what, but maybe I'll bring a small Nuforce CD Player to use as a source if I need to grab the Macbook during the show (I have a bunch of nice CDs that I copied for RMAF last year). But if I'm still feeling like crap on Friday I'll leave that stuff at home. The Apogee headphone out can drive most dynamic headphones, it's not so good that I'd need to bring more than one dynamic phone.

I'm also committed to supplying Westone with a loan of my Nuforce iDo digital iPod Dock, my SR-71b balanced amp, and balanced TWag v2 Eclipse IEM cable. They'll have that at their table. The headphone amp is at least as good as the uDAC-2, if not slightly better and also more powerful, but the RCA out and S/PDIF output are even better when feeding it lossless from an iDevice.

Tyler - I freaked out last night when I couldn't find my "blood spit-cup" and thought I'd left it with you at the Apple Store. So glad that didn't happen, as I found it still sitting in my car in the garage.