CanJam 2011 is RMAF (Denver CO 10/14-16)

Asr

There seems to be more member support for this than the last few canjams, over at head-fi. Members are booking flights and hotels already.

Yeah, I've already booked a room for Friday and Saturday night, and bought admission tickets for myself and son. If Blutarsky doesn't attend I might be able to squeeze someone else into the room if I share my bed with my son. I'd love to meet more of you guys if you can attend.

I do feel that the CanJam 2009 in LA was better than at RMAF, and it felt more like something run by the forum members, while at RMAF it feels too much like it's vendor centric. We don't seem to have a big contingent of people in Colorado bringing headphone gear vs at LA, and I liked how at LA almost everyone attending was "one of us" and less likely to steal or damage gear. At RMAF I've had a headphone cable and Apple TV remote disappear, and had both my HE Audio Jade and HD800 dented.

Hmmm if blutarsky is attending I will have to seriously reconsider my not going comment. Maybe I can bring Fred with me, he won't even require an extra airline seat :)

Yeah but Fred always demands you bring the giant bag of sex toys & a collection of blunt surgical instruments through security. Fred's kind of an asshole.

Yup,.. that pretty much sums it up for me too.

But, even if I hated him (which I certainly don't), that wouldn't factor into whether I attended a great audio party or not.

When it comes right down to it, what I'm really looking forward to is hangin' with the usual suspects before, during and after the show.

So who cares who's on first?

Let's get together and git in some trouble!

• 1 month later...

So did anyone end up buying tickets for GABF? I can't believe the thing is sold out already! Well, I'm trying to quit alcohol anyway (definitely unsuccessfully recently). If anyone's going to come out for GABF, I'll stick around town, otherwise will probably be going on a trip that weekend.

• 4 weeks later...

I was intending to go to GABF...but I had no idea it would sell out so soon. I was thinking of spending a good chunk of time in Sept and Oct in Colorado/Utah doing some (photo) shooting and hiking, kind of an extended version of my trip last year. I had such a blast with the CO crew (and visitors) at RMAF last year that I'd be up for it again, despite my general disdain for the atmosphere of the show itself.

I was intending to go to GABF...but I had no idea it would sell out so soon. I was thinking of spending a good chunk of time in Sept and Oct in Colorado/Utah doing some (photo) shooting and hiking, kind of an extended version of my trip last year. I had such a blast with the CO crew (and visitors) at RMAF last year that I'd be up for it again, despite my general disdain for the atmosphere of the show itself.

i am also staying monday/tuesday, to visit a pair of laser engraving machine makers. exciting stuff.