Joe Grado website

recstar24

He actually doesn't have any PS-1s (as per Most Wanted).

I do, however.  I haven't listened to them in a while.  Every time I am tempted to put them up for sale, I listen to them and talk myself out of it.  Feel free to make me an offer anyway, I could be tempted.

I should go listen to them.  I could buy a Rhodes or something with the money, or down payment on a new car.

Back to the topic -- I had a pair of HP-2s that I was going to send in to him -- mostly because of a channel imbalance.  So there are perfectly legitimate reasons to want them refurbished.

But I lost them.  :(

Screw you guys and all this talk about PS-1s.  I could sell all of my Grados and still come up short with the way they have been deified on the marketplace.  You people...

If you sold all of your Grado headphones* you would have no Grado headphones. I'd say that puts you ahead. 

*Excludes RS-1 (vintage) HP1000 and SR-60 (pink driver) These 3 you should keep. 

I do not own any of those three - not quite as bad as Mr. Oranges ;)  I am fairly positive that if I ever heard the PS-1, I would probably still not be able to justify the cost and be happy with what I already have (but at least I would know what the fuss is about).  At $2,500 - $3k, I would not even be able to put them on my head :laugh:

Uh...no, they sound more like open Leatherheads, or like Grados...with bass...and without that bump in the presence (that makes female voices so euphonic).

Actually, now that I think about it, they kinda sound like my Special 25s (Dynaudio).

Nope, you're wrong because I'm right.

• Like 1