KGSSHV, Balanced Dynahi Rev A and DynaFET board run

Lil Knight

Looks like we are reaching the goal, there are only a few people left and I expect the list is fulfilled within a couple days.

I'll finalize the quantity and make an order tomorrow. Production should take 14-15 working days. I'll try to update to status in the spreadsheet as things go on.

Uhh, use FA as oppose to RA heatsink for 2.5 inch heatsink at mouser or wait til 19th for the aavid parts get restocked at digikey. 4170G might be too wide - 13.97mm width of the pads vs 12.7mm distance between the mounting holes. Its better to get 4171G at future electronics. FQPF8N80C available at mouser.

Edited by ujamerstand

Terminal blocks indeed!

They sure made my life more bearable during multiple hooking-up/unhooking sessions

while testing and rebuilding my KGSSHV over and over. But then YMMV.

You may be one of the lucky ones who hooks em up once and is done with it. :P

Edited by livewire

is the LED in any way used for biasing, or simply for indication? if there is a required spec, what is it?

also, the amp lists the 180 ohm resistors twice (mouser 660-MF1/2CC1820F)

are the 1N914 diodes missing from the BOM, or are my gerber files really old?

Edited by El_Doug

is the LED in any way used for biasing, or simply for indication? if there is a required spec, what is it?

also, the amp lists the 180 ohm resistors twice (mouser 660-MF1/2CC1820F)

are the 1N914 diodes missing from the BOM, or are my gerber files really old?

Fixed those, thanks for the catch.

<snip>

I believe they do affect bias as they are in the same locations as the original KGSS amp.

These days KG specifies a 2.1 volt red LED in the BOM, sourced from Mouser.

Has there been any movement on a group buy for T2 style heatsinks? I remember seeing it mentioned in the KGSSHV thread, I think by El_Doug. If so I would definitely be interested

I would be interested in custom heat sinks for Modushop Pesante Dissipante for side mount amp boards. I guess one would be able to buy the case without those heat sinks later.