KGSSHV, Balanced Dynahi Rev A and DynaFET board run

Lil Knight

I would like to say thanks to Ujamerstand for the Bom Lil Knight for the boards. I am about to order all the parts and hope for the best with this build. I was hoping someone would tell me the right transformer to order from SumR?

I should be happy if I can just get it together working but I really would like the smallest lightest chassis possible. I am going with off board heat sinks and have an idea in my head of how I would like to manage this. I am going to find a pair of aluminum heatsinks about 6in tall and 15in or so wide. the amp boards will be mounted vertically on the heat sinks on each sides and the psu board will be horizontal in between the two vertically mounted amp boards. The toroid will be in the back maybe even vertical to save more space. I will use quarter inch aluminum plate for the front and back relying on the heat sinks for side support and a vented lighter gauge aluminum for the top and bottom. Would this be a bad building practice with too much RF interference or possibly a good design?

I would like to say thanks to Ujamerstand for the Bom Lil Knight for the boards. I am about to order all the parts and hope for the best with this build. I was hoping someone would tell me the right transformer to order from SumR?

Jay, I posted the transformer specs from SumR on the main KGSSHV thread Please note that transformer is targeted for a 500V output build. If you are building the standard 450V version, you will probably wanted a little lower voltage at the secondaries (probably 420V instead of 450V). I have the transformers in hand, and I should finish up the power supply this week. I hope to test it this weekend, and I will post how they work.

Good to hear that, guys. smile.png

Right now Enrique (eggil) still 1x on-board, 1x off-board, 3x KGSSHV psu left since some people haven't paid (and I think they won't). Anyone in the CONUS interested in the boards, please contact me.

Edited by Lil Knight

Deepak,

If anyone of the T2 buyers cancel the buy of a T2 set - I happily buy one T2 set. Just PM me.

And THANKS!! to you guys that have made this group buy possible.

I think these guys will want to build the most awesome electrostat amp ever! As far as I know the boards themselves are paid for, I just need to be paid for the shipping.

The 6 people that paid were sent out this afternoon

Posting this here to spread the word, this is for the KGSSHV:

The printing on the power supply board for BR1 is wrong. The "+" is at the wrong side. I guess it's a board from the current group buy (Production Rev 0.6). So be carefull if you have one of these boards.

Yup, I just checked and the bridge for the +/-15V supply is indeed reversed. Just flip it over and you will be fine (- where + is marked).

Edited by manaox2

Moved a few posts to their respective build threads to keep it easy for those building these amps. Going to close the thread again, but PM me if someone needs it open for GB discussion/sales.

Dynafet build discussion (<-- someone building one create a thread and I'll link it)