KGSSHV, Balanced Dynahi Rev A and DynaFET board run

Lil Knight

I am preparing a 3D modelisation (google sketchup) of the amp. I would like to know the dimentions of boards: off/on heatsink and the PSU.

After, I will propose a groupe build for a custom Hifi 2000 3U chassis (with external heatsink or not) made by Modu.

:)

thanks

Of course it's possible! Just put it all in a bigger box. :P

Or if one wants to keep their outboard heatsink creation "slimline" they could do a two box build with umbilicle.

(then hide that ugly, oversized psu box and voila! you have a purty little kgsshv amp, kinda like a bhse without tubes.)

just my 2cents....

FWIW, my KGSSHV is a "big box build". It has all onboard heatsinks in a ParMetal 16X16X4 inch case.

I just upgraded the wimpy dual 475V @ 100ma 4" diameter donut to a dual 500V @ 400ma 5.5" diameter monster.

BIG overkill here, but more importantly, there aint no more room inside my case.

Just to give you an idea of the spacial limitations for this build in a single case.

Here I go crappin on Lil Knight's thread again. Sorry!

~125 KGSSHV's and counting....

Edited by livewire

I just upgraded the wimpy dual 475V @ 100ma 4" diameter donut to a dual 500V @ 400ma 5.5" diameter monster.

BIG overkill here, but more importantly, there aint no more room inside my case.

Now, you're talkin'.

What kind of quantities do they consider worth it to bother? 1000? 10,000?

just did an estimate and i would have used about 1,750 2SJ109 total, since I started with Gilmore's designs almost a decade ago. Hardly puts a dent in anything.

if they could do a 2SK389 + 2SJ109 totally matched and put it on a SOIC-8 now that would have my attention.

if they could do a 2SK389 + 2SJ109 totally matched and put it on a SOIC-8 now that would have my attention.

Yeah, but wouldn't you need more than eight pinouts? If they were to keep the devices "discreet" it would require 12 leads.

Tying the complimentary N & P gates together internally would still require 10 leads.

If the sources were also connected together along with internal limiting resistors, it could be done with 8 leads.

The last two options would limit the use of the SOIC device for other designer's parameters.

I'm a little drunk. I think I'll shutup now. :P

Edited by livewire

Can do a run of teflon or arlon boards.

Then gold plate everything.

You won't like the price.

but won't the teflon make the sound more neutral, while the gold adds lushness?

edit: adding a ":P" to qualify the statement

Edited by El_Doug