KGSSHV, Balanced Dynahi Rev A and DynaFET board run

Lil Knight

navships is the normal suggested source for teflon wires. His stuffs are rated 600v.

Now if they'd sell the braided stuff using a couple of different colours instead of the same colour, it'd be perfect. I already bought a bag of 2m lengths in mixed colours of 600V generic "Kyouwa" wire anyway.

Edited by Currawong

I'd recommend finding something labeled by Alpha or Belden. I don't trust wire unless it has a printed rating on the sleeve. Also, you can add heat shrink or teflon to the wire if you want to be extra certain.

Thanks for the info on brands.

Just bough last roll of this one. :dance: Could not fine anything cheaper.

http://ampbuildersparts.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=34&products_id=293

The ratings on the 600V wire is 600V AC.

Which just barely works at max voltage swing.

At least the teflon stuff i use is rated that way.

It's hard to infer AC ratings from DC ratings and vice-versa though, at least that is what I've found. Regardless, unmarked wire is a dice roll in my book.

The wire i used is actually labeled. At least some of the colors were labeled.

If its actually teflon, and nothing else is as slippery and hard to strip as

teflon, then if its the right gauge, its likely to be 600V. The much higher

voltage stuff is definitely available, but seems to be only available in red.

I am waiting to see if anyone can get the original DynaFet group buy boards working,

not going to invest in another DynaFet board at least until it becomes apparent

all attempts to get a reliably stable group buy board have been abandoned.

That said, I would rethink a new DynaFet group buy board,

as the a second group buy board may run into the same stability issues as the first attempt.

I would like to see several successful builds of a prototype DynaFet before I would consider investing

Edited by DigiPete

You do realize that we're talking, what 1.7kV Vpp here?

I didn't realise there were different ratings for AC and DC. Checking the packet of what I got, it says 600VDC and 750VAC. I can get, locally, just about any spec power wire (maybe not overhead power line spec, but not far off it) and I'm certainly not interested in stopping my heart through an accident the result of bad wiring.

I was thinking aloud about the braiding as I'm pondering whether I'll try bothering with the hassle of a two-case build.

I am waiting to see if anyone can get the original DynaFet group buy boards working,

not going to invest in another DynaFet board at least until it becomes apparent

all attempts to get a reliably stable group buy board have been abandoned.

That said, I would rethink a new DynaFet group buy board,

as the a second group buy board may run into the same stability issues as the first attempt.

I would like to see several successful builds of a prototype DynaFet before I would consider investing

Spanish gang is having these same doubts, but we decided to get a few, or at least knowing how much they'd cost.