Everything posted by TMoney
-
What TV show are you watching now?
At @Grahame's suggestion, I started in on The Prisoner. (Streaming free on IMDB TV) Wow! First two episodes are great! Using the search function here I can see many others are fans as well.
-
What TV show are you watching now?
I tried the first two episodes as well. Just seemed like actors having fun at the four seasons wailea to me. Let me know if it starts to pick up.
-
Songs You Came Across On Some Streaming Service And Thought Your Head-Case Buds Might Enjoy Too. No Critical Endorsement Implied. Fuck Vevo etc.
- Tokyo Olympics
I wish this were the case but it pretty clearly is not. Nearly half the US Men's basketball team and a number of other athletes "who's vacation status is unknown" have been placed in health and safety protocols in the last few days alone. This is embarrassing. The vax should have been mandatory to be on the US team.- What are you listening to Part the Third
Pleased To Meet Me - The Replacements- Happy Birthday jose!
- Post what you're watching
The Leftovers I'm so glad I gave this show a second chance. It is magnificent. The first four to five episodes are a slog. Don't be discouraged. It takes the show a while to find its footing. The premise is weird and the characters start out unlikable. Stick with it though! Two things I think are done exceptionally well here are showing you plot events that won't be explained until many episodes down the line and the use of music to really drive the big emotional moments. The show is by no means unique in doing these things, I just think they do them fantastically well. The show also doesn't overstay its welcome. Ending it after the third season was perfect.- Coffee Drinkers? (or other hot beverages)
As a pour-over guy this is something I want to try next time I’m able to use a press. The long steep time is interesting.- Songs You Came Across On Some Streaming Service And Thought Your Head-Case Buds Might Enjoy Too. No Critical Endorsement Implied. Fuck Vevo etc.
Yeah, I’m watching The Leftovers. This cover is just incredible.- Happy Birthday Greg!
Happy birthday, fellow oenophile!- Ye Macce Threade
Where is everyone at on spatial audio? I think I'm done with it for now. Every time I turn it off I like the sound better on the traditional stereo mix. Apple sets spatial on by default when using AirPods or beats so maybe it will gain traction in a way binaural never could. At least for right now though I think it is more "gimmick" than improvement.- What are you listening to Part the Third
2112 fan club!- Happy Birthday Justin!
- Tour de France 2014
- What are you listening to Part the Third
I have a friend named Tristan and whenever I think of him I always think of singing out his name "Treeeeeeeeee-stan" like in this opera!- Which Cooking Are You?
"quacamole" = Guacamole made by a quack? 😀- And now what did you do TODAY?
It might be the tommy gun under one arm and the sacks with dollar signs printed on them in the other?- And now what did you do TODAY?
Glad to hear it, Doug, and hope you bounce back soon, KD. Second shot hit me hard also but the side-effects were gone after a day or two. Our mask mandate in California lifted on Tuesday and most people here in Marin County don’t seem ready to take them off. I went out for coffee and bagels this morning and I think I was the only person without a mask. I am sorry, folks, get used to it! We are maybe the single most vaccinated region of the entire country. Don’t look at me like I’m some kind of “republican.”- Happy Birthday Kerry!
Happy birthday, Kerry!- What are you listening to Part the Third
Still a fun listen after all these years.- Songs You Came Across On Some Streaming Service And Thought Your Head-Case Buds Might Enjoy Too. No Critical Endorsement Implied. Fuck Vevo etc.
Not bad, but I'll take this cover from the Purple One over that every day and twice on Sunday!- Ye Macce Threade
For anyone who knows, is there any reason not to leave the Audio Midi Setup app set to 24-96 if the DAC can handle it even when playing lower bit-rate/sample rate content?- Ye Macce Threade
Exclusive is mostly to not get beeped and booped at as emails and chats roll in. I'm mixed on spatial audio. With the APM and HD800 the stereo tracks sound correct, natch. Atmos spatial sounds like a good binaural filter at best, and a bad one at worst. Is that a game changer? I dunno.- Ye Macce Threade
Now Apple just needs to add a way to let the Music app take exclusive control of a DAC and switch bitrates as needed.- Ye Macce Threade
What knavery is this? I don’t know if this sounds better or worse, but it does sound different. Reminds me of listening to a binaural recording. - Tokyo Olympics
Important Information
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.