Everything posted by Voltron
-
IPB 3.2 Upgrade
The star at least gets you close to the end. Does anyone else still use Tapatalk? I cannot seem to get the "latest" page to show unread posts, and I have tried logging out, deleting, resetting, etc. Tapatalk also cannot read various stats or user info, although I am not sure it could before the upgrade.
-
Post the last thing you bought!
120 expressions of Springbank alone? Your list is really awe inspiring. Do you have a spreadsheet with this information?
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Merci mes amis.
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
That is one hell of a special sour beer, though, Mikey. Anybody should be able to appreciate that one. As for me, a Manhattan in honor of our friend Claire in Paris who was diagnosed with some kind of intestinal cancer and had a very sudden surgery last week. My Claire and I are really taking this hard after just hearing about it today. Claire and her family have been wonderful friends for a long time. She met us in Berlin this summer and her daughter was just here in SF until Saturday (and at our house for dinner the other night) while this was going down. They didn't want to tell her until she got home, but that was very hard. In any event, here's to Claire and a speedy defeat of this evil cancer!
-
Post the last thing you bought!
That was easy! What about the 100 proof 10 yo, Mikey? Is that any good?
-
IPB 3.2 Upgrade
You click the star on the left and that takes you to last unread, I believe.
-
Any NYC area HCers wanna chill?
I'd love to be in but I am so out way over here on the left coast. Have fun in the Big Apple ya'all.
-
slower forum
I'm going to write to MUNI and get that guy fired for feeding those rodents! Not really, but that is wrong.
-
Netbook or iPad?
Samsung and Toshiba have new tablet computers coming out. Samsung Series 7 Slate is a Windows 7 machine that will change to 8 when it is available. Toshiba AT200 is an Android/Honeycomb machine. Both have USB, and the Sammy is full size USB 2.0.
-
Post the last thing you bought!
I have the Springbank 10 and like it a lot. The 15 sounds a little softer/smoother from the sherry casks but i don't think I have tasted it. Glad you got the Torino and Jerry Thomas bitters! Yay! I need to try the Griottines. My Luxardo cherries are like sludge and crystallized and I don't get it.
-
Holy Crap! The New Stax Omega Looks fierce! (Stax SR-009)
Maybe Alex will let Tyll bring his pair to RMAF for you to use, and if not then I might be willing to bring mine if it is only used while you are present at the table.
-
IPB 3.2 Upgrade
Tapatalk "new topics" has never worked for me since the upgrade.
-
What are you listening to Part the Third
Avett Brothers -- Emotionalism (trippy vinyl)
-
What are you listening to Part the Third
Beirut -- The Riptide (clear vinyl obviously)
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Thanks JP!
-
And now what did you do TODAY?
Droughts suck. I would nit wait too long for that drink shelly and something tall and icy will help cool you off a bit. John Collins or g&t should serve.
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Half & half with Guiness & Harp x 3 at the ballgame
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Romance Cocktail Equal parts brandy, Amer Picon substitute, sweet and dry vermouth.
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
You're always welcome in Mayberry Greg, where cyclists rule.
-
And now what did you do TODAY?
I personally am speechless. Continued epicness to you both.
-
And now what did you do TODAY?
Sorry about your dad's setback Marc. Sending good thoughts your way for a successful procedure tomorrow. JP has been quite slow on sending out his change of address cards but he is most definitely back in SoFla again. The authorities are well aware, so rest easy. I have spent a few hours cleaning out our so-called basement, and decided to turn the antique refrigerator (non-functioning) into a beer cellar. This thing seems to have been original to the house, and actually supports the bottom floor of the house because a joist rests right on it. I cleaned it inside and out and may one day figure out how to get new hinges for the ice cube compartment on the top left and a new handle/latch for the main door on the top right. Instead of storing the beer in my liquor cabinet under the stairs ("the closet of awesome" as Edwood called it in a text to Peter last week), I figure it will be happier under the house in this cool insulated box. The shelves are metal mesh and not super strong in the middle, so I stacked the three full shelves I have one top of each other and have one strong shelf splitting the main space. The dank hold on the bottom that was once a freezer will house only appropriately named or labeled brews. Although looking at the pics now, I realize now I could have put the Jolly Pumpkin down there instead of the Oude Vieille Geuze, even though I quite like that dark castle on the label.
- HC/F1 In Austin 11/18/2012
-
Which Cooking Are You?
Oh, come on, you're making this too easy!
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Yes, the Ardbegs are dusty but I thought it gave them character so I left it. Now enjoying a DFH Hellhound in the Mayberry heat.
-
What are you EATING right now?
Smoked pork loin, bacon, provolone and onion sandwich with DFH Hellhound on the side.