Everything posted by Voltron
-
What are you listening to Part Two
toe -- the book about my idle plot on a vague anxiety
-
Happy birthday LFF
Happy Birthday Luis! Cheers
-
Why not to accept "gifts" when selling items on Paypal.
Wow, that TV is nice, but my neck really hurts after watching a movie over here.
-
Advice: Ripping/managing my CD collection for Squeezebox
iTunes.
-
Florida Beer Meet, March 6-7th.
Or maybe he doesn't recall.
-
Why not to accept "gifts" when selling items on Paypal.
Douche.
-
slow forum
Why do the Fiferfighters just walk away from a fire? That seems like a bad message.
-
Sennheiser at CES 2010
I meant I have gifted the RS130, not RS160.
-
Sennheiser at CES 2010
I have given several RS160 as gifts over the last couple of years and they are always a huge hit. The recipients are not audio-phreaks but they like the sound and can watch football, wander around with classical playing all the time, or listen to podcasts when they were previously hampered by spouses or sleeping kids or whatever. If these are much better, then it is a cool thing. Still sucks that they don't have anything to announce for us.
-
What are you EATING right now?
Did you read the book "Kitchen" by Banana Yoshimoto? That got me going on the quest for the perfect tonkatsu years ago and I still seek it.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Roy Hargrove Quintet -- Earfood
-
OPPO BDP-83
Don't be a tease. Give the man what he wants!
-
Car suggestions?
Honda Fit? Nissan Versa? Hyundai Accent? Kia Rio? 2009 Smart car? The stupidest names, but supposedly some of the best small, budget options.
-
Why not to accept "gifts" when selling items on Paypal.
He's only 15 or some shit, so maybe his mom is the Koss Bandito. Anyway, this fucking kid is on my last nerve. He did the whole Piccolino cable pumping thing and ran Wilson's loaner program but now he is a TWag convert and loves everything those morons do, including commenting on how that shows what incredible markups there must be on high-end cables. Genius. The following posts are sickening but show his family's 7.1 B&W 802 setup (with the center and rear surround channels about 12 feet in the air ), which he calls "my listening area." He has invited people over and laxx seems like he is going to watch movies with him, and I think it would be funny to show up drunk as hell with a 12 pack and some Jaegermeister.
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Mmmm, donut arm.
-
College Football 2009
I only watched the last 4 minutes on the clock. I didn't get to see the kid do anything but choke up the ball, throw an interception and otherwise puke his guts out onto the field. The highlights showed the good parts, but damn it was pretty ugly in those last 4 minutes.
-
Koss fraud. Wow, not good.
Indeed! Can you give them my card?
-
What are you EATING right now?
Isn't there lots of sugar in alcohol?
-
What are you EATING right now?
Some really awesome chocolate almond brittle stuff that my brother and his kids made. Wow that is good with booze.
-
NAS vs. Drobo Storage for Mac Audio/Video Server
Thanks. I was planning on the ethernet connection to the Mini because I have been burned by wireless too many times. And will do on DE.
-
New DAC of interest...
- NAS vs. Drobo Storage for Mac Audio/Video Server
Well, I like the idea of the whole-house access to the music, video, and a back-up system; the attached printer (getting rid of our old AE in the process); not having to connect a Drobo by firewire because the Mini has only one FW port and I'd have to do some kind of hub or whatever; having the iTunes and Slim server right on NAS; and maybe some other stuff. That said, I don't know shit and maybe all of that is accomplished by the direct attached RAID.- slow forum
- What are you listening to Part Two
Thrice put The Sadies on my mind, and I found this record that I do not recall ever hearing before. John Doe and The Sadies -- Country Club- Post the last thing you bought!
Good that you were able to temper your disappointment on the no-DACs part. - NAS vs. Drobo Storage for Mac Audio/Video Server
Important Information
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.