Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

www.Head-Case.org

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Voltron

High Rollers
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Voltron

  1. I've checked out the Naim Uniti a couple times now and I want one bad even though I have no real reason to get one. I may sell the Arcam Solo Mini or give it to my sister and buy a Uniti for Mayberry. It is amazingly versatile, and sounds very nice. It has a CDP, FM/DAB tuners, 500+ internet radio stations programmed in, it can play music streamed from a computer or just pull it off any hard drive attached to a network. No more need for a Squeezebox. If you buy the Naim iPod dock it will control the iPod and display the information on the Uniti. Pretty frickin sweet.
  2. And again.
  3. What time is it, DOM?! Finally, here is a clock for your birthday so that it always tells the right time! Have a good one bro. Cheers!
  4. Happy birthday and glad you had a good one. Cheers!
  5. Voltron replied to Thaddy's topic in Music
    San Francisco Symphony tonight, conducted by Michael Tilson Thomas, with artist in residence Yo Yo Ma performing: Sibelius, Oceanides Shostakovich, Cello Concerto No. 2, with Yo Yo Ma Tchaikovsky, Symphony No. 2, Little Russian Really nice program, and YYM was cool. MTT is very sassy and actually turned to the audience and prompted applause in between movements of the Tchaikovsky. Never seen that before.
  6. I obviously didn't look back, but I thought you had done the DB25, which led to the science/madness/sparta jag. Yeah, the full octopus is quite something. I think the setup I sent to Greg will give him the same output in L/R pairs across the 8 channels, so Ch1 and Ch2 will definitely work as a start. Here's what my octo-outputs looks like: Obviously! Ugly fucking thing.
  7. wtf is that thing?
  8. That's a sexy-ass cable right there, and it will work great, but why isn't he using the multi-pin DB25 or whatever it's called connector next to the TRSs?
  9. Voltron replied to Thaddy's topic in Music
    IMO, definitely.
  10. Mastodon -- Crack the Skye With the sun coming out now after an hour or complete darkness, thunder and lightning, this title just seemed right.
  11. Voltron replied to jp11801's topic in Meets
    Justin/HeadAmp and Craig/Eddie Current will be attending the meet, and others are possible as well. Here is the layout for the room, which has been shifted back to the same large room we used at the last meet: As you can see, there were 17 tables, but I think we can squeeze in at least 1 more given that I do not believe we will be dividing the rooms. If we run out of room then we will have to decide whether to get more $pace or just share these tables as economically as possible.
  12. You already got your answer on that one a few days ago. No.
  13. I always forget that one.^
  14. I have a couple LA4 records, and that *might* be one of them. Just Friends (Concord direct-to-disk) is my favorite, but I will look for that one.
  15. Miso Banana Trio -- Uirapuru
  16. The Hotrats -- Turn-Ons Covers record from people in Supergrass. Great songs on here -- Kinks, Beasties, Cure, Gang of Four, etc. -- and curious to see what they do with them.
  17. Voltron replied to Duggeh's topic in Meets
    This is insane, but seeing Ken's post got my blood up so I called back and now have a king room all four nights. The rep said that things just get canceled and changed and re-enter the system. Not sure how truthful that is, but at least I have one room for the whole time now.
  18. Phoenix -- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
  19. Voltron replied to Duggeh's topic in Meets
    This room thing gets goofier and goofier, through no fault of Jim's, btw. I just booked four nights, June 3-6. After many machinations relating to what type of room was available at any rate each night, here is what I learned: 1. There are no king rooms available on the 3rd, period. 2. There are no double rooms unavailable on the 4th, period. 3. There are double and king rooms available on the 5th-7th. So, I could not opt for king the whole time, and if I want to maximize the double room nights then I would have to change rooms twice. Based on all of this, I booked a double room the 3rd and then a king room the 4th-6th. Gene and I will just be that much closer those nights. The very nice booking lady, Mary, told me to check back in later to see if the reservations ease up and they might be able to get me in one type of room the whole time. Bottom line: book something NOW if you may be going.
  20. Spoon -- Transference
  21. I've had the same misapprehension, but in this case the thread must have been pretty buried. Kind of a clue that it isn't current.
  22. Voltron replied to Cankin's topic in Headphones
    I have used my HF-1s for travel cans for years. The HF-2s are better but heavier so they typically stay home. I do like them both and will not sell either of them.
  23. You're a helpful lot, but this thread is one year old and the OP hasn't posted since last April. Grave robbers.
  24. *snicker, snicker* Ray Brown & Laurindo Almeida -- Moonlight Serenade (Jeton Vinyl) Wow, does this thing knock my socks off with the AirTight PC-1! BASS in your bowels! Wow.
  25. Orchestral Maneuvers in the Dark (UK Vinyl - cover below not exactly the same)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.