Everything posted by Voltron
-
The Headcase Stax thread
Lambdas sound way better from the 007t than the O2s regardless of head size/shape. Of course, only Naaman's BH and Justin's BHSE have even made the O2 sound worthwhile in my experience. Growing curious how the DIYT2 will drive the O2s, I have to admit.
-
What did you do today?
I think some people use that terminology. I have also heard "practicum" used on occasion. But given that part of the day is concerned with avoidance of alcohol and substance abuse, do you really think that could be more than theoretical in my case?
-
What did you do today?
Nice translation, but what does "a practical" mean? If you mean is it practical, then yes, I am [almost] always in the office by then.
-
slow forum
TeeHee, that's punny! ^ Knuckles' pictures reminded me of this guy here who does some shovel art that seems like it still might be quite functional. Some of them would have the added benefit of further terrifying the recipients of Reks's Wrath:
-
Deals
Todd is posting deals in his Sponsor Forum on HF in a thread called Items of Interest. He has two different discounted 307A amps, one of the greatest headphone amps evar. One is his demo that comes with a Pelican case and extra toobs, and the other is a brand new one that got a scratch on top behind the tranny. He also has up a Manley Stingray for $1700, and he just added a VPI Scout with choice of 3 carts for $2200. These are nice deals, and I think more will follow.
-
What did you do today?
Signed up last minute for MCLE class to complete my 3-year requirement. At least it was free because MoFo is so generous!
-
DFW Texas 1/23/10
I need more impressions of my amp, er, I mean Marc's FET amp creation! Who listened and what did they hear?
-
Fang's new orthos shipping
Thanks for the detailed notes, Carl. Interesting findings and sounds like you had fun with it. I am a bit concerned by how much these cans seem to vary from unit to unit, and their amping needs seem to be both substantial and quite particular. I was unimpressed by my albeit short listening attempts. Claiming these cans are better than the HD800 is silly, imo.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Josephine Foster -- Graphic as a Star
-
What did you do today?
Congrats on the Quads, Nate. If that is messy, then the state of my workbench (hardly used, of course) would make you have a seizure.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Various Artists -- Almost You: The Songs of Elvis Costello
-
What did you do today?
Sorry, Din. It looked awfully good in the first half.
-
Eddie Current Transcription Amplifier (Phono Pre)
Craig is bringing one to the Feb. 27 meet, as if there weren't already so many great reasons to come out here! Oh, and I get to keep the one he is bringing to try and maybe buy.
- What are you listening to Part Two
-
Redneck elevator
Double posts 30 minutes apart. Very strange.
-
Raffle To Raise Funds for Relief In Haiti
Well done! EDIT: Wait, wut? I didn't win? Must have been rigged. Who paid off that kid?
-
What did you do today?
Knowing what it is like in Michigan (in-laws live there) and from your description, it doesn't seem like tough love is really going to do anything by hurt daughter's family. Not having a reliable car in winter in Michigan seems troubling, but when you factor in 3 kids under 5 years of age it is downright disturbing. If you have the cash to help, then help. My 2 cents, not yours, obviously.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Peter Bernstein Quartet -- Live at Smalls
-
Canjam 2010.
And don't forget all the vendors need rooms!
-
What did you do today?
- What are you listening to Part Two
This, although not the AF.- What did you do today?
Cheers to having some weight off your minds!- What did you do today?
:prettyprincess:- slow forum
- What are you listening to Part Two
Important Information
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.