HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

I ended up changing to a Vaude pannier after looking everything over at the shop.  German brand, seems pretty nice and very well laid out on the inside to carry everything I could ever want to take to work.  I might get something else to just carry groceries or something at some point.

Going to jam all my gym stuff in shortly and head there, if the rain stays away.

Edited by VPI
  • Like 3

I ride quite a bit but I only have to lube every couple of weeks.

*Waiting for a Tice post*

Raffy, you averaged 19 mph, and a average hr of 152  for 62 miles in 88 degree weather?  That is impressive.. unless you were going downhill.

Did my first massive 1.6 mile commute this morning.  Not sure I needed quite as much crap as I bought for this commute so I am going to have to come up with new places to ride the commute bike.  Locker was a Dinny nightmare, full of spider webs so I had to clean that all out this morning.  They look great from the outside but are really not much of a locker when you get inside.

Has anyone bought the Garmin 1000 yet?  I am thinking about upgrading my old 800.

Being a Garmin, I'd wait until a couple of firmware updates have been released. Couple of folks have already picked it up and it sounds like some folks are already having issues, so I suspect it'll be similar to every other Garmin product release.

The features do look nice but I'll need to get new Garmin mounts since it's longer than the 800.

My commute is going to be 9-10 miles each way, so I'm trying to decide what size pannier I should get that'll hold my lunch and a set of clothes.

The pannier I have works really well and has a nice computer compartment and lots of supply holders on the inside.  I fit two 14oz boxing gloves, wraps, Oakley radar case, Kryptonite Fuggedaboutit u-lock and chain, iphone, polar water bottle and keys last night. The best thing is I am carrying it as a briefcase today and it does not look out of place.

I am going to take advantage of the REI sale this weekend to get some grocery bag panniers I think.

What are you commuting on, the Niner?

Edited by VPI

Jeff,

Nice that you've already put the commuter to work.  And let me know if you do decide to upgrade the 800, I kind of have the itch to upgrade the 500 and started looking the other day...

Me, weather is currently looking pretty awful until Monday but I'm hoping to get out for a decent ride at some point this weekend.  So far this year I've barely managed anything other than commuting miles.