HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

I see alot of you guys are skinny tire riders, but here are my babies.

KleinAttitudeRace_zps527a9eb9.jpeg

MootsZirkel_zpseff89bc6.jpg

Zach, lots of mountain bikes around here as well.  You just have to dig deeper. Mike, Brent (sort of), Colin, Chris, Juan, Ben, Justin, Ian, Nate and on and on.  Skinny tires just get more coverage in this thread for some reason.

I'll post my bike just to get some more MTB in the thread.

i-nNLfCDt-X2.jpg

Edited by VPI
  • Like 1

Mike, as much as I am afraid of going Campy as I've heard it has a longer lever reach (and non-adjustable) than Shimano/SRAM, I keep on coming back to it. It's prevented me from going SRAM Red a few times. Something about that Italian sexy flair just gets me all the time. 

As someone who likes riding the drops (and shifting from there) and has small hands, not sure if Campy is the way to go. Any thoughts, gang?

BTW, also excited to ride my lumpy route tomorrow. Unlike most you guys, I'm gonna take my time, sleep in, make coffee and breakfast and then go ride angry. I hate waking up early just to save 5-10 degrees. If I end up riding at high noon, so be it. I guess I don't mind as my people are people of the sun :P

Edited by raffy

That was the thinking with the carbon HT 29er... super light SS.

How was the 650 B market looking as far as the carbon bikes go? For a single speed, I would be very interested in the 650 B.

If you're going rigid, it wouldn't be as big of a deal. If you're going hardtail, there's more research and development that has been thrown at 29 ers, so I'm sure the weight gap isn't that bad relative to cost.

How about the front flips using the swiss ball?!  I've said in the past that Danny MacAskill always looks like he's stoked and happy when he rides or talks about riding.  It also seems like he "gets" that his body's getting pounded with everything he's done.